Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bartoon

Disappeared "Update IP on startup"

36 posts in this topic

Now it goes with some "every DHT firewall check" flavor. However, i don't know how it should work since DHT is disabled by default.

Now it goes with some "every DHT firewall check" flavor. However, i don't know how it should work since DHT is disabled by default.

Then enable it ;).

The option most probably won't return as it was, purely due to cosmetic reasons (in other words the page is full as it is, and to add yet another checkbox would make it only a mess).

Unfortunately that option is gone and apexdc++ works very badly this way.

It can't succesfully update my IP on startup and I can't use the client properly. Many users can't connect to me and I get disconnected from hubs due to wrong IP.

I think I should use 1.2.2 again, or are you going to fix this issue somehow?

I think I should use 1.2.2 again, or are you going to fix this issue somehow?

yes same. very need this option, as ip dynamic

There are TWO solutions:

a) use some DNS service e.g. no-ip, which give you DNS and update it according to IP changes

;) enable DHT

There are TWO solutions:

a) use some DNS service e.g. no-ip, which give you DNS and update it according to IP changes

;) enable DHT

How to enable DHT ?

I have a problem in ApexDC++ 1.3.0: no longer automatically update IP, I having dinamic IP (don't work with DHT enabled). Where is the Update IP on startup option in ApexDC++ 1.3.0? Please to restore the Update IP on startup option in ApexDC++ 1.3.0.

I have a problem in ApexDC++ 1.3.0: no longer automatically update IP, I having dinamic IP (don't work with DHT enabled). Where is the Update IP on startup option in ApexDC++ 1.3.0? Please to restore the Update IP on startup option in ApexDC++ 1.3.0.

Have you enabled the Update IP on DHT firewall check?

Have you enabled the Update IP on DHT firewall check?

If I enabled the Update IP on DHT firewall check and the Preferences -> Advanced -> Publish shared files on DHT check, then disappeared my dynamic IP from Connection Settings -> External / WAN IP and I can't acces all hubs. (Error mesage: "Your reported IP: 192.xxx.xxx.242 does not match your real IP: 79.xxx.xxx.165" on some hubs. I have a router with the dynamic external IP .) Please, insistently, very much to put again the Update IP on startup option (check) in ApexDC++ 1.3.0. Thank you for understanding.

ApexDC++ 1.2.2 was better ... I think I'll get back to him.

You can't use 1.2.2 from now on since it can be hacked (and it even shows an annoying message about it every time you are in the web).

I assume NAT on your router is already set up. So set the bind adress to 192.xxx.xxx.242 (i suppose it is static), delete your wan ip, uncheck ip updater, uncheck Don't allow hub/UPnP to override, press OK, search for something. If search fails, try disabling your firewall or set up some bypass rules for apex in it, set to direct connection, search again. If still fails, set up passive mode.

Then enable it ;).

The option most probably won't return as it was, purely due to cosmetic reasons (in other words the page is full as it is, and to add yet another checkbox would make it only a mess).

Enabled DHT, enabled "Update on DHT check, etc" and still nothing.

You won't add it due to cosmetic reasons? That's nonsense.

One usefull feature should be there.. I really don't get it.

I am now getting blank IP... ;)

Enabled DHT, enabled "Update on DHT check, etc" and still nothing.

You won't add it due to cosmetic reasons? That's nonsense.

One usefull feature should be there.. I really don't get it.

I am now getting blank IP... ;)

People, you should know that you can put a dns there as well... that is what I used to do long before I found out that DC++ had mods.

That option might be useful I won't deny that... but it's not like it is essential. Since you can put a dns in that box as well (no-ip and dyndns ftw ;))

So disable all features that allow auto fill that settings field for you and put a dns pointed to your ip into the box and you are all set.

People, you should know that you can put a dns there as well... that is what I used to do long before I found out that DC++ had mods.

That option might be useful I won't deny that... but it's not like it is essential. Since you can put a dns in that box as well (no-ip and dyndns ftw :D)

So disable all features that allow auto fill that settings field for you and put a dns pointed to your ip into the box and you are all set.

ok, I switched to dyndns... :)

Thanks!

It doesn't seem to work properly with dyndns either... something's fishy.

hmm, it used to work for me... but that was some years ago... I needed their "DUC" though

Grrrr

If it is usefull, why delete it and tell us to install DUC and use the dyndns/no-ip stuff ?

But common... it is not like this option was never here and you have to implement it for the first time. IT WAS... and you removed it...

Don't have space ? Use a bigger window.

JESUS.....

PS: I have to note this somewhere: "cosmetic reasons".

Aoex has had kept that option around for far longer than SDC, BM removed it way back when StrongDC 1.00 RCX became StrongDC 2.xx...

Have you ever thought that there might be a reason for why he removed it? We just happened to keep the option in there for a bit longer (same thing applies to Get IP Address button which is still there).

Our reasons are not purely cosmetic though... the "Update IP on DHT firewall check" does overlap with the old "Update IP on startup" you see.

When guys will you start to be honest about your reasons for adding/removing something ? :)

You tell us: because of this. Then we jump in and reply... and then you say: Well, you see, it is not purely because of this... :)))

I have DHT on and it is working fine for me, at least I think so, since I didn't downloaded much these days.

Question: if i change my IP (without restarting the PC) and then restart Apex, will my IP update instantly ?

If yes, then it is ok for me. If no, hmm... ugly :D

Question: if i change my IP (without restarting the PC) and then restart Apex, will my IP update instantly ?

If yes, then it is ok for me. If no, hmm... ugly crying.gif

No. In ApexDC++ 1.3.0, IP does not update automatically. Lee and Crise do not want to understand that they made a big mistake, removing the "Update IP on startup" option.

No. In ApexDC++ 1.3.0, IP does not update automatically. Lee and Crise do not want to understand that they made a big mistake, removing the "Update IP on startup" option.

Hardly a big mistake... mistake maybe, but not a big one considering several alternate solutions have been given in this topic already.

Hardly a big mistake... mistake maybe, but not a big one considering several alternate solutions have been given in this topic already.

For Lee and Crise ...

Please, insistently, very much to put again the "Update IP on startup" option (check) in ApexDC++ 1.3.1. I can't use DHT... error mesage: "Your reported IP: 192.xxx.xxx.242 does not match your real IP: 79.xxx.xxx.xxx" on some hubs. (I have a router with the dynamic external IP .) If I enabled the "Update IP on DHT firewall" check and the Preferences -> Advanced -> "Publish shared files on DHT" check, then disappeared my dynamic IP from Connection Settings -> External / WAN IP and I can't acces all hubs.

Why don't you understand that some users of ApexDC not use DHT?

Why don't you understand that some users of ApexDC not use DHT?

It's not that we don't understand... the behaviour of that checkbox will be changed slightly with next version to address these issues (ie. the old behavior of "Update IP on startup" will be merged to the "Update IP on DHT firewall check").

Also, if you would use ADC or NMDC with UserIP2 then your IP would be updated correctly on hub join. The problem is that many NMDC hubs violate NMDC procotol - they report UserIP2 support, but don't send user's IP at all (especially when such option is disabled).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0