Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mek

Get file list error

15 posts in this topic

So the users of the new Apex have problems getting file lists from some other users (Browse file list works, though). The file list gets downloaded but it is opened and immediately closed.

I think that there is some invalidity in the file list xml file.

So far I know of three users from our LAN who we are unable to get filelist from. Two are using LinuxDC++ (0.698 and 0.75) and one DC++ 0.7091.

I am attaching a filelist of one of those, could you check what is wrong there? I guess this is a bug in the other clients generating invalid XML files which the new XML parser in Apex does not like...?

zicaman likes this

So the users of the new Apex have problems getting file lists from some other users (Browse file list works, though). The file list gets downloaded but it it opened and immediately closed.

I think that there is some invalidity in the file list xml file.

So far I know ot three users from our LAN who cannot get filelist from. Two are using LinuxDC++ (0.698 and 0.75) and one DC++ 0.7091.

I am attaching a filelist of one of those, could you check what is wrong there? I guess this is a bug in the other clients generating invalid XML files which the new XML parser in Apex does not like...?

Are you on an ADC hub?

No, it is an NMDC hub. Does it matter?

I have same problem. Can you open your own filelist? I can't.

EDIT: It is definitely because of invalid XML. I validated my filelist on w3c and it did not pass validation. The problem was line with diacritic letters like:

<File Name="Mal

Maximum XML elements nesting is currently set to 16 and those filelists exceed it. I think the program shouldn't allow so deep directories in share.

Btw. Mek i'm from Slovakia, u2?

Yes, I am. However, I can open my own filelist despite I am sure I am sharing files with diacritic names.

Maximum XML elements nesting is currently set to 16 and those filelists exceed it. I think the program shouldn't allow so deep directories in share.

Some users like to over organize their shares big time... so very deep filelists do exist out there

soooo... what about this bug? Is it caused by very deep paths or by some special characters in file names?

The 16 levels of nesting is a limit of ApexDC++ or of XML (I don't know about such a limit for XML). If it is the first one, why is it set to 16? How about increasing it?

soooo... what about this bug? Is it caused by very deep paths or by some special characters in file names?

The 16 levels of nesting is a limit of ApexDC++ or of XML (I don't know about such a limit for XML). If it is the first one, why is it set to 16? How about increasing it?

This is probably caused by the limit.... and it's a limit in the new xml parser from dc++, and yes it will be increased,

Thank you, the users were complaining a lot.

Waiting for 1.3.1 :D

Thank you, the users were complaining a lot.

Waiting for 1.3.1 :D

It should be out by the end of this week.

Getting the same error, downloads, opens and then closes. What you can do after that is to right click on the user in the userlist and select "Browse File List". This then opens the previously unavailable file list.

Getting the same error, downloads, opens and then closes. What you can do after that is to right click on the user in the userlist and select "Browse File List". This then opens the previously unavailable file list.

Those two menu items work differently that's why...

just another thing with the file lists... I see they are being saved to the program files folder, as far as I know this causes an issue with users who have UAC enabled, is there a way to change it to the roaming folder when uac is enabled like other programs?

Filelists are downloaded into Settings/Filelists subdirectory of the main Apex directory. So it's up to you where you put ApexDC so that it has write permissions :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0