Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mek

[1.3.0] Ugly delimiter in lists

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

This bug is a white "delimiter" which looks very ugly (see the screenshot) in all lists.

Can I set it so it does not appear as in previous versions?

Btw, thank you for the feature of not having to refresh the filelist twice.

post-20976-126705294431_thumb.png

For starters the delimiter is in fact blue... and also standard windows visual effect... check your explorer.

Okay, can you please describe which setting to use to disable the delimiter so it looks like in previous versions?

Thanx.

Okay, can you please describe which setting to use to disable the delimiter so it looks like in previous versions?

Thanx.

There is no setting for it right now...

Edit: I originally did not like this change either (it's part of the StrongDC merge), but I gave it a few days and now I don't hate it anymore. (I am on a white background though).

ah, I thought that :)

ah, I thought that :)

Also based on screenshot from another topic... if you have Aero disabled it seems they will look much worse on colored backgrounds than they normally would. I tried black bg here (Win7) and the dividers look quite alright.

Setting Windows Classic theme will disable those delimiters.

Yeah. And going back to MS-DOS will make all the problems go away :P

No, you won't be able to run this application then :P

I just wanted to say that all over the Internet I still read that "Aero is cool", "Vista look is nice" etc., so I just enabled application to adopt Vista/win7 native look. And what happens now? users don't like vista look? :o solution is: if you don't like vista/win7 look, just disable it :P

No, you won't be able to run this application then :P

I just wanted to say that all over the Internet I still read that "Aero is cool", "Vista look is nice" etc., so I just enabled application to adopt Vista/win7 native look. And what happens now? users don't like vista look? :o solution is: if you don't like vista/win7 look, just disable it :P

But why not add setting to turn on/off this adaptation?

They'll get used to it. People don't like change. :P

Yes, they will. We will hear "This is the worst version, because has some strange lines in lists" for a few weeks, but they will use it when they find out when more and more new application has same appearance :P

Also, it is funny that users refuse old nice Windows classic theme (which is much more usable for real work), because it is "going back to MS-DOS" etc. but they set several ancient circus themes in applications which corrupt look of Aero theme loved by them :o

Yes, they will. We will hear "This is the worst version, because has some strange lines in lists" for a few weeks, but they will use it when they find out when more and more new application has same appearance :P

Also, it is funny that users refuse old nice Windows classic theme (which is much more usable for real work), because it is "going back to MS-DOS" etc. but they set several ancient circus themes in applications which corrupt look of Aero theme loved by them :o

In a way the option to change window background color shouldn't even be there, as that can and should be changed in windows appearance settings... if you think about it how many apps have built in option to override the window background color like this?

Not many... many chat apps allow you to customise the text display or use a background image and things like that but only few allow you to set the background color for windows like StrongDC and ApexDC etc. do (at least from the programs which I have used).

True, not many applications don't allow setting colors. Also, Vista/Win7 Aero theme is so stupid that it has all colors hardcoded (except of glass color) and it's almost impossible to change it (same with favgroup color etc). That's why it's not recommended to change application color scheme if you need to be stuck with that free,cool&in aero theme.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0