Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.3.0

26 posts in this topic

It's been months in the making, but we're finally able to announce our next major version. 1.3 provides list of changes including merging with the latest StrongDC++ 2.30, 64-bit versions, new features and welcome maintenance fixes. This version includes DHT (disabled by default), acting as a global network across the whole of the Direct Connect network to speed up file transfers and increase sources. Check out the changelog for further additions.

As always, feature requests and bug reports are welcome.

Download: ApexDC++ 1.3.0 | Plugins for 1.3.0

BETAJlb likes this

Thank you for the new build and 64 bit version - however... 64 bit version still wants to install in program files (x86) folder?? is this just an installer issue

I changed the folder to the 64bit Program FIles, but everytime I run the program it recreates

C:\Program Files (x86)\ApexDC++\Logs\

C:\Program Files (x86)\ApexDC++\Settings\Certificates\client.crt

C:\Program Files (x86)\ApexDC++\Settings\Certificates\client.key

I first used the binary then the installer. Same problem.

Any way to fix this behavior?

BETAJlb likes this

I changed the folder to the 64bit Program FIles, but everytime I run the program it recreates

C:\Program Files (x86)\ApexDC++\Logs\

C:\Program Files (x86)\ApexDC++\Settings\Certificates\client.crt

C:\Program Files (x86)\ApexDC++\Settings\Certificates\client.key

I first used the binary then the installer. Same problem.

Any way to fix this behavior?

The default paths get set to a location relative to where you first ran Apex, they won't get updated after that if you change the exe location. You need to change them in settings yourself now or do completely clean install of ApexDC.

The first path can be found in Settings > Advanced > Logs, the two other in Settings > Advanced > Security.

I have Apex installed on my D:\ disc. This because my D:\ is only filled with MP3/Video. (and after format there is not hashing needed.....for 1,2TB that's a lot :)

I do not remember if I used the EXE or just the Binary. What I do know is that after a clean Win7 installation I always immediately can launch Apex on d:\Apex. (no installation)

So what file do I need to download, and does it run in 64bit mode.

Thanks all.

[edit] What is the best way to do? EXE or Bin.?

I have Apex installed on my D:\ disc. This because my D:\ is only filled with MP3/Video. (and after format there is not hashing needed.....for 1,2TB that's a lot :)

I do not remember if I used the EXE or just the Binary. What I do know is that after a clean Win7 installation I always immediately can launch Apex on d:\Apex. (no installation)

So what file do I need to download, and does it run in 64bit mode.

Thanks all.

[edit] What is the best way to do? EXE or Bin.?

Hi Cent,

Just place the 64bit exe and .pdb file on the D: drive. If you've backed up your hashdata, you can transfer that over too so you don't have to rehash.

what took you so long to release x64 version? =D

I don't run 64bit OS, so I couldn't be bothered to compile openssl or stlport for 64bit if I am completely honest with you.

Hi Cent,

Just place the 64bit exe and .pdb file on the D: drive. If you've backed up your hashdata, you can transfer that over too so you don't have to rehash.

Thanks for the reply !

Thanks for your great work and the 64b version as well.

Also fixing of really old bugs is very appreciated :)

Looks like we just broke our active users record after two years.

...and our server load is getting destroyed. I've put the board into performance mode to lighten the load.

Bare with us. :)

While it doesn't really matter that much at this point if the program you run is x32 or not, I'm really happy and very proud about the x64 version, which i consider to be the future. Actually i think this is the first useful piece of software in 64 bits that was not developed by any big corporations (IE. adobe and such).

Kudos to you guys, I'll just kick all my 8000 users with the reason 'install apex'.

Joking, I'm really not that cruel.

what took you so long to release x64 version? =D

Also, it had no sense to release x64 version when there was OpenSSL bug which caused performance degradation.

amip?

Amip is a now playing tool...well its in the amip..only work on x86.

i switched to aphex x86 so its working again.

thanks anyway! :huh:

Kudos to you guys, I'll just kick all my 8000 users with the reason 'install apex'.

Thnx for the new release. :o

Hope to see a new one soon due 2 that StrongDC++ v2.40 was just released also. :P

Hope to see a new one soon due 2 that StrongDC++ v2.40 was just released also. ;)

I'll tell you a little secret, most of the changes in StrongDC 2.40 are already in 1.3.0, however, we decided it would be best to use a version number that was already out in the changelog, with the merge entry, rather than say an svn revision.

In any case 1.3.1, with the missing changes from 2.40 and some other minor changes, will be release if not today, then early next week.

It's been months in the making, but we're finally able to announce our next major version. 1.3 provides list of changes including merging with the latest StrongDC++ 2.30, 64-bit versions, new features and welcome maintenance fixes. This version includes DHT (disabled by default), acting as a global network across the whole of the Direct Connect network to speed up file transfers and increase sources. Check out the changelog for further additions.

As always, feature requests and bug reports are welcome.

Download: ApexDC++ 1.3.0 | Plugins for 1.3.0

Hi all DHT should be included automatically. Since the hub deceiving administrators with users. Also, large distances to find files. DC + + should be easy. And preferably pass through the NAT to not redirect ports.

I'll tell you a little secret, most of the changes in StrongDC 2.40 are already in 1.3.0, however, we decided it would be best to use a version number that was already out in the changelog, with the merge entry, rather than say an svn revision.

In any case 1.3.1, with the missing changes from 2.40 and some other minor changes, will be release if not today, then early next week.

Thats gr8 2 hear. ;)

Keep up 2 good work.

Hi all DHT should be included automatically. Since the hub deceiving administrators with users. Also, large distances to find files. DC + + should be easy. And preferably pass through the NAT to not redirect ports.

Really, you think it should be enabled by default?