Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMaL

New PM icon

26 posts in this topic

The icon in tray does not change, when the private message is received. StrongDC showed an envelope.

The icon in tray does not change, when the private message is received. StrongDC showed an envelope.

It does change, to nice dark blue version of the logo :(

It does change, to nice dark blue version of the logo :(

It is not visible in fact absolutely in WinXP on a dark blue theme.

It is not visible in fact absolutely in WinXP on a dark blue theme.

we can't make the icons to support every single xp theme there is :D

we can't make the icons to support every single xp theme there is :D

This is true, but I do think we should consider making the 'New PM' icon lighter, perhaps similar to the greeny one used on the site and in the installer? It's not that easy to notice the current one even with a light theme (for example the Windows Classic which I use).

Yup, sounds like a sytem error rather than an application error.

This is true, but I do think we should consider making the 'New PM' icon lighter, perhaps similar to the greeny one used on the site and in the installer? It's not that easy to notice the current one even with a light theme (for example the Windows Classic which I use).

We've tried that, and it failed horribly. Didn't stand out at all with most themes.. we'll look into changing the dark blue to a tiny bit lighter.

We've tried that, and it failed horribly. Didn't stand out at all with most themes.. we'll look into changing the dark blue to a tiny bit lighter.

Has BM patented the letter-mark?

we can't make the icons to support every single xp theme there is :)

you cold make 2 icons:1 dark and 1 bright.......dark grey and dark blue are not the best choice.

you cold make 2 icons:1 dark and 1 bright.......dark grey and dark blue are not the best choice.

dark gray? that's pretty black to me...

dark gray? that's pretty black to me...

it doesn't seem black..

but you understood what i meant....2 icons with high contrast (?)*

*=when i write (?) means that i don't know if the grammar is correct ;)

What about using a more green-y icon for new PM, that way it would stand out against the pretty popular blue themes?

What about using a more green-y icon for new PM, that way it would stand out against the pretty popular blue themes?

Not bad idea imo. ;)

Not bad idea imo. :)

I don't believe there's a colour Grogs and I didn't try. :) Maybe a darkish green would work, we tried a light green.

I don't believe there's a colour Grogs and I didn't try. :) Maybe a darkish green would work, we tried a light green.

Then it was too light, also i just got this idea of adding some sort of glow effect to new PM icon, wonder how that would look :)

Then it was too light, also i just got this idea of adding some sort of glow effect to new PM icon, wonder how that would look :)

Nice idea, but isn't that going to need a .gif idea for animation?

Edit: Split topic.

Nice idea, but isn't that going to need a .gif idea for animation?

Edit: Split topic.

It doesn't need to be animated just have a glow(ish) effect on it... (i'm sure that with most modern gfx apps you can prduce such effect)

change logo to logo is not good idea ^_^

my version:

That's a .gif, program recognises .bmp only. And we're working on it.

That's a .gif, program recognises .bmp only. And we're working on it.

wrong Lee program regonizes ico, bmp, and in some cases even other common formats... (not that it takes advantage of the advanced features of these formats, but still)

yes, but for system tray icon can be used only .ico ^_^

and my gif only for example and discussion.

Is it possible just to make the icon blinking upon receiving a PM? Or just the letter-mark as in SDC++.

Edited by Zlobomir

wrong Lee program regonizes ico, bmp, and in some cases even other common formats... (not that it takes advantage of the advanced features of these formats, but still)

Wow, can't believe I made that mistake. Especially when I convert them to .ico... ^_^

Everyone needs to stop repeating what others said... we're going to make the icon lighter. End of.. wait till preview 2. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0