Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theleo

Crylic text is shown as "

13 posts in this topic

Lo dudes

This is probably a windows issue, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix it.

I'm running a German windows 7 64 bit Pro

English ApexDC++ 1.2.2

But I live in Moscow, :-), hence I'm mostly hangging around Russian hubs.

Now, since I'm a social being, I would like to commuuuniiiccate with people in my hub.

But when they type Russian (I presume?) text, all I see is:

>

guessing those hubs are nmdc (old way of Direct Connect)

adc has UTF-8 out of the box hence no wierd chars.

guessing u have to have russian as a language in windows in nmdc to see the real russian chars or just hang out on adc hubs :)

if anyone else has a working solution for nmdc do tell cause nmdc imho is past its due date :shifty:

and merry christmas :)

guessing those hubs are nmdc (old way of Direct Connect)

adc has UTF-8 out of the box hence no wierd chars.

guessing u have to have russian as a language in windows in nmdc to see the real russian chars or just hang out on adc hubs :)

if anyone else has a working solution for nmdc do tell cause nmdc imho is past its due date :shifty:

and merry christmas :)

I didn't quite understand what nmdc and that stuff is, but thank you for the reply...

Installing a russian os is a little tricky for me, as my russian is not that good.

hmmmmm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeoModus_Direct_Connect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Connect_%28file_sharing%29

Thats NMDC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Direct_Connect

This is ADC

Edited by Toast

Russian chars are shown correctly when system have locale set to Russian. You can set that on windows 7 in control panel -> regional and language -> administrative -> change system locale...

Of course that change have effect on all non-unicode programs. In your case if you are using some non-unicode german apps then is possible that you don't see correctly special german characters.

And if u just use ADC hubs there isnt any need to change any system settings :) ohh n merry xmas from dcdev PPK we are doing just fine without ya :shifty:

Edited by Toast

Yes using only ADC hubs will help and russian characters will show correctly without changing system settings. But only on ADC hubs, that means to have choice from 3 running russian ADC hubs with total ~1300 users :shifty:

ohh n merry xmas from dcdev PPK we are doing just fine without ya :)

Thx, i wish merry x-mas to adcdevs (i'm sure that you forget that a on beginning) too :)

Last time i checked (yesterday) lv_77 hub was a 3000+ :shifty: uhub and its DCDev :) since we also do some nmdc when we feel like it

I think there's no difference whether it is dc or adc. Since DC++ rule the Direct Connect work, official DC client doesn't exist anymore and there's no official DC specification, then we can talk DC++ == DirectConect. And I'm pleased that PPK used my other stuff in new version of his client (but it's funny that he didn't copied only a code but also my own comment) and also was inspired in one of my optimizations ;)

dont worry hes gonna claim it as his own soon enough and bitch and complain to SF nice to know the troll is still under the bridge ;)

Yes, of course. Also, DC++ is developed under "This program is licensed under GPL-2 with the notable exception that you may compile and link it with OpenSSL (www.openssl.org) and WTL (wtl.sourceforge.net). " which is incompatible with GPLv3, so it means that DC++ violated license, because PPK is copyright holder of every code in czdc ;)

because PPK is copyright holder of every code in czdc :D

PPK teh l33t coder he invented Direct Connect ;)

incase anyone is daft enough to believe this DON'T cause its all irony :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0