socialbreakz

Possible to set different folder for every hub?

10 posts in this topic

Is it possible (in future) to set different shared folder for each hub alone?

Example: I want to share my folder x only for hub x. And i want to share my folder y for hub y.

yes in theory in ADC no implementations NMDC has also been discussed not so sure what the conclusion was but everything is in theory so far

Does it mean the idea wasn't discarded? :)

Nope just not done is what it means imho something that should be done since it has been requested for so long starting at the top of the chain DC++

i can bring it up in dcdev and see what is planned and get back to you in this thread

Sharing different folders on different hubs implies that you don't have a fixed sharesize for all hubs, and they are not willing to implement this. One of the reasons is that NMDC protocol is not well-suited for this. Another reason is they fear users will start to share only the minimum amount required for each hub. However, I myself think that if such a situation wil occur then hub owners will start to raise their min_share and hubs will begin to sort based on quality. Today we have a terrible mixture, good hubs, bad hubs, they all have almost the same share requirements.

For example, if a hub owner set min_share to 1 Gb and they all start to share only 1 Gb there, that hub will start to fade because nobody will want to join that hub anymore (the total share is very small). So, the owner of that hub will be somehow forced to raise min_share. And also people will understand that they have to share. Today it is a mess, noone knows what min_share actually is...

I would REALLY like this option too!

Yes, I would like this to...

Well, NMDC is dying, at least in theory, but ADC is just opening it's eyes... I think many things can be achived in the future. All we need is good intentions, some motivation and yes, a hubsoft... :)