Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
burek

Can't add multiple nicks for the same hub

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Could you please make it so I can add more nicks for one hub in favorite hubs list, because, if I'm operator/admin on some hubs and I can't have share, I need another account (regular registered user) which has share enabled. In the current version of ApexDC++ that is not the case, since the program does not allow creation of more items in favorite hubs list that have the same hub address field.

Thanks in advance.

Use the hub IP address for the second favorite hub item :P

and if hub(s) ip(s) changes frequently, you've got yourself a regular job of constantly nothing but updating ips in fav hubs :P

no really, can this feature be implemented, please? :)

I don't see any reason to allow it, since there's no possibility to have different/no share for more hubs. Yes, there are already some "implementations", but invoking race condition can lead to download different share ;-)

I don't see any reason to allow it, since there's no possibility to have different/no share for more hubs. Yes, there are already some "implementations", but invoking race condition can lead to download different share ;-)

Hub can hide operators share to a certain degree as well... and same goes for client side implementations it is known that they are not perfect but at least as far as "Hide Share" goes I have not yet heard any complaints, so I don't really care too much (because OP's should be the ones using it anyways).

As for Burek, for your problem it is possible to have two copies of the same hub in the list either by connecting via different listening port or by using the protocol prefix on one item and omitting it on the other (well works for NMDC hubs anyways, ADC hubs probably do not permit it because CID will be the same).

there CANT be no confusion, having 2 nicks from the same ip in the hub.. because it is the same thing when you connect one nick via hostname and another via ip.. so, there cant be no confusion for sure.. all $search/$ctm msgs are dispatched properly, so I really dont see what "race condition" would be problematic here..?

as far as im concerned.. i asked for this feature because i thought it could be useful, not because only I want to have it.. I already recompiled Apex with a lot more changes than I posted here, and customized it heavily, so I'm pretty satisfied with it.. but I'm asking this because it would be a useful feature for ops that cant have share enabled (because of the copyright infringement), so it would be notorious that they need to start 2 instances of 1 application only to be able to connect with another nick..

anyway, no matter what, it still think this would be a useful feature for everyone..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0