Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadoX

New Release Window

3 posts in this topic

This idea could be huge improofment for DC clients and is simular as torrent pages. I hope you like it as mutch as I do hehehe.

1. Files and folders must be hashed and in your share

2. User open anounce window (new thing in toolbar) He is asked for realease name______ and Genre[DropDownWindow], in the same window is window with his share and he selects a folder in the share to attach to the announce (the attached is hash string for that folder) then he clicks ok and it saves it to some file like xml.

3. The file will store 5 of his announces in every catagory (Movies,TV Shows,Music,Games,Other), each announce easylly made in xml format or simular [Movies(Announce name, the folder hash string)],[TV show(Announce name, the folder hash string)].... and so on.

4. Special search is needed to scan that file and all others. That search would pick up the info (simular like normal search) and displays the results in window (New in toolbar), that window can filter out to show only Movies or something else.

5. To download user simply click on the annouce thay like and the program will put the hash of the folder in queue and download everything in it.

I really think this will work!! :)

3. The file will store 5 of his announces in every catagory (Movies,TV Shows,Music,Games,Other), each announce easylly made in xml format or simular [Movies(Announce name, the folder hash string)],[TV show(Announce name, the folder hash string)].... and so on.

I agree some method of being able to browse new additions to a users share would be very valuable.

Similar thread looking at time stamps or difference from previously viewed file lists

Another more automated announcement script

The fact there are multiple threads suggesting different methods of viewing what is new in another users share suggests there is a genuine need.

My order of preference for the solutions is

1) Filter users file list to exclude things that were there when I looked in the past (old file list filter)

2) Date stamp other users filelist (problem with file list download time & server compatibility)

3) Computer assisted announcement thread, as described here. (Could work well but required poster to do work of no direct benefit to himself (only other users)

4) Automated announcement script. (risks large volume low information density - eg different announcement for each file in multi-part object (rar files, .nfo etc).

This idea v.2

1. Files and folders must be hashed and in your share

2. User open "own file list" (CTRL+O) window (This button will be added to the toolbar), He finds the one file or the one folder (folder includes everything in it) right clicks on it and chooses (Announce it or something like that), then a floating window pops up with the hash of the selected file or folder, He is there asked for release name______ and Genre[DropDownWindow] then he clicks ok and it saves it to some file like xml.

3. The file will store 5 of his announces in every category (Movies,TV Shows,Music,Games,Other), each announce easily made in xml format or similar [Movies(Announce name, the folder hash string)],[TV show(Announce name, the folder hash string)].... and so on.

4. Special search is needed to scan that file and all others. That search would pick up the info (similar like normal search) and displays the results in window (New in toolbar), that window can filter out to show only Movies or something else.

5. To download user simply click on the announce they like and the program will put the hash of the folder in queue and download everything in it.

This v2 idea should be easier to code. I really would like some coder to take this idea and make it happen!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0