horus22

Ability to connect to more than 100 hubs

13 posts in this topic

I really need this feature.

I want to be able to connect to more than 100 hubs at the same time without being kicked by hub bots.

Find hubs that don't kick you for being in that many hubs :D

Client such as ApexDC++ can not implement this kind of feature.

Is there a limitation of number of hubs you can connect to in DC clients? I didn't know that...

But which ones can?

None, because there is no need for such feature as there is no limits to the amount of hubs you can connect to at one time.

Is there a limitation of number of hubs you can connect to in DC clients? I didn't know that...

Not in clients but hubs may impose such limits on their users if they so wish (which is what horus22 is experiencing). In such cases the only viable solution is to search for hubs which have loose limits or no limits at all.

The hub is blocking your client when you are connected to more than 100 hubs at the same time, but maybe you could program Apex to send a smaller number instead.

The hub is blocking your client when you are connected to more than 100 hubs at the same time, but maybe you could program Apex to send a smaller number instead.

we are not fakers, sorry.

You should let the users decide whether to use this feature or not.

Most hubs don't allow the limiter either, but people are using it at their own risk.

You should let the users decide whether to use this feature or not.

Most hubs don't allow the limiter either, but people are using it at their own risk.

The feature you want is a faking feature. Why would the Apex team put this into a client as standard when most of the hubs would ban the client just for that?

DC is about fairness and sharing. What you are talking about is leeching. :D

Ok, I can understand your point of view. You are right, I am wrong.

All I wanted was to increase my chances of finding rare files. I like to search for rare files, midi files, some pictures, interviews, small clips....and getting rid of the 100hub limit would help a lot.

It has been proved that using more then a few hubs doesn't bring you anything. In other words, being in 200 hubs is absolutely same as being in 50 hubs.

It doesn't bring you anything if you download popular files. But if you are downloading/looking for rare files, it will make a huge difference.

Well, there is a software which you can use to search in all hubs from a hublist. But the trial version is somewhat limited and full version is not free. You can write your own piece of software for that anyway.

kwkid likes this