Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StanleyTweedle

Connecting to DCDev Public

20 posts in this topic

*** Connecting to adcs://devpublic.adcportal.com:16591...

*** Connected

<DCDev Public> Running Kappa Version of DSHub in ADC Secure mode.

<DCDev Public> Hub is up since Wed Jul 29 14:21:54 CEST 2009

<DCDev Public> Nick not valid, please choose another

*** Connection closed

You must be kidding me. :) Can't spell any other ones.

You must be kidding me. :) Can't spell any other ones.

A to Z 0 to 9 and _ are valid

no tm or copyright signs :) we dont want any ****ed up nicks that we cant see ascii nicks are for script kiddies :)

Does a tm symbol really that significant ?

well we are all on that hub every developer that matters so your welcome whenever you get over the loss of that small insignificant symbol

Does a tm symbol really that significant ?

well we are all on that hub every developer that matters so your welcome whenever you get over the loss of that small insignificant symbol

Ummmm.... it's part of my nick so to me it is. Wouldn't dream of asking you to log into my hub as "oast". That would be rude of me.

Not gonna rock the boat m8ee. Your hub your rules. My first post was a joke anyway, (don't you know me by now?). Guess I'm stuck in the "those who do not matter" hub. :)

[09-08-11][22:38:28] <-DCDev-> Nick_chars changed from "([\w_]*)" to "([\w_â

Edited by Toast

...without any prior knowledge of why we have those setting...

well i got a whole site set up for the purpose of spreading word but people these days and gui yeah we are working on it we want stable hubsofts first and why adc is better then nmdc hell ask the Russians they are cheering since acrylics works in ADC since its UTF-8 and IPv6 out of the box and along with the ADCS spec we are working on its gonna rock its just that we cant comment on x amount of sites everytime we make something good thats why we got our official blog and forum and website so its probly simpler for ppl to check there :stuart:

Edited by Toast

Just an interesting point...... what ever worked stable from day 1? Vista? :) Get a GUI together. So what if the hub has bugs? More hubs you run the faster you will find them. Gimme one.... I will break it. I am cursed. :stuart: Can guarentee that I will moan when it does. (Moan = Tweedle for bug-report).

So what if you run a pilot public hub or two and they have bugs. The measure of resolve is how fast you find them and fix them. Might create excitement in the country club too. :D

I have cleaned the topic up, you can continue what it was you were doing at the place where I moved those posts if you like. But in here act as is appropriate.

I will only say that ADC needs to be made more user approachable (read: easy to use and feature rich hubs, with a GUI) then and only then can ADC be actively promoted and results be expected out of it.

Note that (G)UI's are not necessarily restricted to actually being part of the physical hub software (although many users might prefer such approach for simplicity on their end).

But atm. no hubsoft makes it possible to build external UI's even, excluding adchpp and Sulans GUI which is on hiatus atm, and there aren't any plans (aside aforementioned) for desktop GUI either (wxWidgets FTW). We'll have to see what happens when Offset is done with his Web Interface for uHub (though he has to start making it before he can be done with it).

as i said before if only sulan finished his GUI and published it everything could play in the favor of adch++ since he added all basic functions to the user along with a really good antispam system

as i said before if only sulan finished his GUI and published it everything could play in the favor of adch++ since he added all basic functions to the user along with a really good antispam system

Sometimes making a GUI isn't difficult. The hard part is responding to all the user's needs and requests. Here's a gui i made for adch++, but i since i can't make apexdc connect to an adch++ server for some reason, i can't test or release it yet.

ZFTKXs.png XOSfzs.png

Sometimes making a GUI isn't difficult. The hard part is responding to all the user's needs and requests. Here's a gui i made for adch++, but i since i can't make apexdc connect to an adch++ server for some reason, i can't test or release it yet.

ZFTKXs.png XOSfzs.png

It's a good start but I use the GUI to manage the users and manage how my hub works. Simple user registration is something any of my OPs can do I do not need a GUI for that.

For me a good GUI is something that I do not need a load of scripts to steer basic functions or hub customization. YN is a bit limited but it is a good platform for an example. Tis the difference between a GUI (Garaphic user interface) and a SUI (scripted user interface). If I can get them both to do the same thing I know which one I would choose...... Remember new hub owners need it simple. If it is they will use it and tell their friends.

I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say this..... these are just my thoughts and fears..........

You get a bunch of Devs combining on a project and it seems that their search for excelence gets involved and complicated. Yes........ the product does get better and better but without a clear guideline... "This is what we NEED", it spirals off and never gets finished. Creative people will always find better ways to do stuff and more things they need. The simple fact is that we NEED a working version of an ADC hub. How long will that take? A month? A year? 10 years? Can we run it as it is now? Can a working model be added to as the project continues?

If you have 20 people working on a project and no-one to say..... "Stop it is done now" or "We don't need that" it will never get finished. It will develop into infinity. Make a GUI and you will limit what needs to be done based on the functions the GUI uses. If the hub is in a continuous state of development no GUI can be made to control it.

It's like building a car where 20 people each make their own part, they will finally get it perfect. THEN you discover that the steering wheel, gas pedal, doors, instuments and windows have to be added or people will not use the car.

The DC Devs are very smart and creative people all my respect goes to them. I eagerly await ADC but perhaps the question is....... will DC survive the wait? We need something now, before someone else comes up with something..... perhaps not better than DC........... but something that works that pulls all the people away from DC.

since its UTF-8

UTF-8 is possible in nmdc too and is already used in nmdc with some clients (Valkut, LinuxDC++ etc.) :stuart:

IPv6 out of the box

You should known that IPv6 support is missing in most ADC clients now.

with the ADCS spec we are working on

ADC devs working on something.. and nmdc have it already available (thx BigMuscle :)) :D

Oh but not having an official spec doesn't mean it's not available, just look at NMDC :stuart:

Thus is the case with ADCS also, it is very much available and used from what I can see...

ADC devs working on something.. and nmdc have it already available (thx BigMuscle :D) :)

Your claim is absolutely false. As I know ADC devs work on ADCS specs, but NMDC has neither its own specification less so the specification to its secure extension.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0