shlomy79

connecting problem

8 posts in this topic

hi to all i use a router and i open the ports in tcp and udp.

tcp-faild

udp-pass

i dont know what to do about it someone please help me

i read the GUIDE but i have static IP

thats mean my IP is all The time the same

אם יש מישהו פה שמבין עיברית זה יעזור לי כי האנגלית שלי קצת חלודה

hi to all i use a router and i open the ports in tcp and udp.

tcp-faild

udp-pass

i dont know what to do about it someone please help me

i read the GUIDE but i have static IP

thats mean my IP is all The time the same

אם יש מישהו פה שמבין עיברית זה יעזור לי כי האנגלית שלי קצת חלודה

If so, and if your IP does not change even after restart, just do these steps:

1. Select "Firewall with manual port forwarding"

2. Type the WAN IP manually in the field left to "Get IP address" button.

3. Type one and the same port number for TCP and UDP (it works fine), just ensure that the port number is not used by some other application.

4. Open the port manually in your firewall (or add the Apex DC++.exe in exeptions, should be similar for all other FWs).

5. Forward this port in the router to the IP of your Apex DC++ PC. This should be somewhere in NAT>>Virtual server or whatever.

6. Use "Check connection" button again.

7. Try to search in several hubs (or be sure it doesn't require registration, if one).

8. Try to get a filelist from passive user.

Edited by Zlobomir

stiil not working i cant even download the publist

public hublist is in no way connected to your active/passive settings...

If you still have not solved the problem, you may try the Official Support Hub - techgeeks.geekgalaxy.com:1411. It is placed by default in your Fav Hubs.

Just started using ApexDC 0.40 and have the same problem as expressed in this old thread.

Any port number I try, so far 15+ and port forward them on both TCP and UDP I only get UDP pass when checking connection, TCP always fail!

My firewall is turned off during these tests.

So why is it not possible to get the TCP connection right?

Can it have something to do with my ISP?

Read all the guides at this forum and tried to follow them to the point.

0.4.0 support is already stopped.

1.0.0 support is not started yet.

Sorry. :(

i had this problem before too, but suddenly it "solved itself" or sg ... even opened a topic for it if i'm remmebering right...

so my suggestion would be that you use higher numbered ports (over 20.000) ... for example 25533 for tcp and 25534 for udp) .. use this settings in your router's portforwarding/virtual server settings, and set apex to be allowed to do anything or to be a "trusted application" in the firewall on your pc.

then check if the "network interface for all connections" shows your current inside ip address (the one you always get from your router (you can either set your connection settings to automatic on your pc and set in your router to give automatically always the same ip to your network card's MAc or by setting your local connection to a static ip, gateway mask, router ip and dns hosts ... but the other is more simple)

then if you say you have static ip (the outside ip) ... then maybe setting that to never update and put in your current outside ip manually ... and maybe restarting dc++ .... don't caring about what the test sais about your connection, but trying to download a filelist.

this one worked here :( ..... if you need any clarification on this, feel free to write a PM to me for example on the support hub and if i'm here, i'll help you in this [Apex-VIP]MiRaGe is the nick