Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nexxo

Plugin disappears on restart

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, quick question....

I'm developing a plugin, which is working all good, but it keeps disappearing when the application restarts and I have to manually load in the dll again. Anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this?

This also happens on the sample plugins as well.

Dave

Hey everyone, quick question....

I'm developing a plugin, which is working all good, but it keeps disappearing when the application restarts and I have to manually load in the dll again. Anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this?

This also happens on the sample plugins as well.

Dave

Put it in "Plugins" sub directory of ApexDC++ directory and it will auto load.

Edit: The plugin api will go over some changes in next version btw, hopefully this will be the last set of bigger changes...

Put it in "Plugins" sub directory of ApexDC++ directory and it will auto load.

Edit: The plugin api will go over some changes in next version btw, hopefully this will be the last set of bigger changes...

You're a legend cheers, I thought I was something simple like that.

By changes, do you mean extensions to the API or complete overhaul (ie will it be backwards compatible)? Cos there was some functionality that I needed which I just hacked in, such as removing from the download queue and a better add to download queue.

Edit: Just thought I would add, good job on the plugin API, it was really easy to use, setup and get working.

any chance of us getting to see the plug or its functions ?

Yeh as soon as its finished or semi finished, its all messy at the moment.

In short its a client and server plugin which I need for my WHS pc. It allows you to browse downloads on the client, start them on the client, then send them to the server (of course only works on ur private lan) to finish off.

I've been trying to work out how to easily auto download file lists (and then match) of all users on the hub (this is on the server), anyone got any ideas for this?

By changes, do you mean extensions to the API or complete overhaul (ie will it be backwards compatible)? Cos there was some functionality that I needed which I just hacked in, such as removing from the download queue and a better add to download queue.

Basically I intend to remove duplicate events (ie. CHAT_OUT, PM_OUT, CHAT_IN, PM_IN because you can get all of them from HUB_IN and HUB_OUT with little extra work plugin side). This all based on feedback gotten elsewhere. Unfortunately it will make the API little harder to use though.

Also the way information about objects comes and goes is changing (since the present getObjectInfo, is awful imo.). as well as some minor changes regarding plugin loading. So I guess that kind of sums up to a complete overhaul.

But since you are actually someone using the API (the first one after me that I am aware of btw.) any extension or other ideas are very welcome, to make the API more usable to others.

Basically I intend to remove duplicate events (ie. CHAT_OUT, PM_OUT, CHAT_IN, PM_IN because you can get all of them from HUB_IN and HUB_OUT with little extra work plugin side). This all based on feedback gotten elsewhere. Unfortunately it will make the API little harder to use though.

Also the way information about objects comes and goes is changing (since the present getObjectInfo, is awful imo.). as well as some minor changes regarding plugin loading. So I guess that kind of sums up to a complete overhaul.

But since you are actually someone using the API (the first one after me that I am aware of btw.) any extension or other ideas are very welcome, to make the API more usable to others.

In regards to the getObjectInfo, I don't fully understand how it can be used. Can you give a quick example?

The functionality that I am trying to get is to perform user actions remotely, ie get all file lists of users and browse them remotely to add and remove downloads, Is this something that the current API can do? As I'm finding it a little hard to do so far, but I have only just started looking at the API and client code.

I will probably have more questions and more discussion, should we create a new thread for this?

In regards to the getObjectInfo, I don't fully understand how it can be used. Can you give a quick example?

Since it won't be there for next version don't know if giving an example will be of much use, but the original SamplePlugin that is in 1.2.1 does use it to get the hub url f.ex.

The functionality that I am trying to get is to perform user actions remotely, ie get all file lists of users and browse them remotely to add and remove downloads, Is this something that the current API can do? As I'm finding it a little hard to do so far, but I have only just started looking at the API and client code.

I will probably have more questions and more discussion, should we create a new thread for this?

Define remotely... I don't think you can actually add filelist download through the current API, one thing that I should definitely change.

But you'll have to explain me what you are trying to do a bit more... you have one copy of Apex acting as a server and it hosts the plugin but what will the "client" do (and what it is exactly? assuming that it is either an external application or another DC client).

Since it won't be there for next version don't know if giving an example will be of much use, but the original SamplePlugin that is in 1.2.1 does use it to get the hub url f.ex.

Define remotely... I don't think you can actually add filelist download through the current API, one thing that I should definitely change.

But you'll have to explain me what you are trying to do a bit more... you have one copy of Apex acting as a server and it hosts the plugin but what will the "client" do (and what it is exactly? assuming that it is either an external application or another DC client).

My server currently runs Apex, but I have to remote desktop to it each time I want to add new downloads, which is annoying. Also my room mate wants to use it as well and I don't want to give him the admin password and control over the server. Therefore the server plugin would just read in hash and file names through a custom socket and then add the downloads to the server download queue.

The client would also run Apex (could be extended to a webpage), which would act as normal, where if you want to pawn a file off over to the server (like the huge 5GB+ ones) then a simple text command or button would execute this. The plugin then communicates over the custom socket sending the hash, file name and other info of the download, finally it removes the download from the queue so that it doesn't get downloaded twice.

Now I can do all of this, but the problem is the server isn't downloading new filelists, so it can't find where to download the files in the queue.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0