Lee

Forums upgraded to IPB 3.0

26 posts in this topic

The forums have been upgraded to the new IPB 3 architecture powered by IPS, introducing powerful moderation tools for our management team and improvements to the end user experience. We hope you enjoy the upgrade and if you discover any issues regarding this, please report it.

Thanks for your patience, and we hope to see you over there!

kunzagrc likes this

The forums have been upgraded to the new IPB 3 architecture powered by IPS, introducing powerful moderation tools for our management team and improvements to the end user experience. We hope you enjoy the upgrade and if you discover any issues regarding this, please report it. :)

Thanks for your patience, and we hope to see you over there! :)

the new forum looks nice thanks for you :blushing:

good that the Forum is developing. Modifications would be useful..

Good job!

btw All emoticons doesn't show.

good that the Forum is developing. Modifications would be useful..

Good job!

btw All emoticons doesn't show.

Modifications such as? If you mean the style, that's hopefully something that will be worked on in the near future...

Anyways about emoticons, some were left behind on the old boards, and they will be moved over soon.

I look at the page and missing:

+ view new posts in my topics -> click to view

+ shoutbox on the main page -> not to assume unnecessary topics

+ other forums icons in main page. Maybe ApexDC++ icons other colors... I don't know :)

Several other:

+ flag mod -> click to view but others icons(flag), maybe like this:

flagmodothericons.png

+ New emoticons, for example: tango is very pretty and I think that is good for this style forum

^These are my proposals :blushing:

I look at the page and missing:

+ view new posts in my topics -> click to view

+ shoutbox on the main page -> not to assume unnecessary topics

+ other forums icons in main page. Maybe ApexDC++ icons other colors... I don't know :)

Several other:

+ flag mod -> click to view but others icons(flag), maybe like this:

+ New emoticons, for example: tango is very pretty and I think that is good for this style forum

^These are my proposals :blushing:

I don't think it should be too difficult to follow the topics you have posted in, since we don't have a large amount of new posts per day. The shoutbox is a gimmick and won't be installed, but we will be working on the template/theme soon. The emoticons will be moved over momentarily. :)

to get info on new posts on your thread, or replies to your posts, add it to your watch list, and in your profile you can set how you want to be notified .

(thats what goes in the box "watched contents". a pretty cool feature i think)

Thanks for the new appearance of the assembly! Cool ApexDC++!!! :)

Looks great. :)

There is something wrong with uploading a photo though, maybe the upload directory isn't writable. Uploading a GIF file @ 3,37 KB, 100x133 px, in My account > Profile > Change photo results:

The upload failed. Please notify an administrator.

Looks great. :)

There is something wrong with uploading a photo though, maybe the upload directory isn't writable. Uploading a GIF file @ 3,37 KB, 100x133 px, in My account > Profile > Change photo results:

I'll look into this soon...

I believe I found a bug - on clicking the green "+" icon which is under every post, I get a message that action failed - that I have reached my today's quota of positive votes. Looks like the quota is equal to zero :)

Lee likes this

I believe I found a bug - on clicking the green "+" icon which is under every post, I get a message that action failed - that I have reached my today's quota of positive votes. Looks like the quota is equal to zero :)

This should be fixed now. :)

Mek likes this

Another one with attachments;

Used 498.57K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 1.43K)

500 KB total quota per user? How will I be able to upload attachments now and in the future? Does removing old attachments help? Not sure about importance of old attachments. :)

Another one with attachments;

500 KB total quota per user? How will I be able to upload attachments now and in the future? Does removing old attachments help? Not sure about importance of old attachments. :)

That has been changed to 5000KB per user. Can you test the attachments now? :) I can upload attachments ok.

Works like a charm! Thank you. :)

No problem. Here are a few more changes we've made in the past few minutes:

• Disabled Fast Reply (it's too bloated, and is a full text editor)
  • Uploaded our previous emoticon set, so everything should be working
  • Changed the character set to utf8 for better encoding

We'll work on the template when we have chance. If anybody has any further suggestions, post them below. :)

IPB 3.0.2 was released a few hours ago, so I have upgraded us successfully. There should be some useful stability improvements.

If you spot any issues let us know. :D

Mek likes this

darn....the interface is reallt messed up...i cant say i like it :/

darn....the interface is reallt messed up...i cant say i like it :/

Messed up since upgrading to IPB3, or 3.0.2? You may need to empty your cache (Ctrl + F5).

found a possible issue,

I can not view the support / world languages / bugarian forum

Firefox is telling me that the adress is not valid, (http://forums.apexdc.net/forum/28-bulgarian-%D0%91%D1%8A%D0%BB%D0%B3%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8/)

I assume this has something to do with the 'browser-friendly' adress rewrite stuff.

Also clicking on the forum icon to mark the forum as read did not work, and neither with the italian forum.

found a possible issue,

I can not view the support / world languages / bugarian forum

Firefox is telling me that the adress is not valid, (http://forums.apexdc.net/forum/28-bulgarian-%D0%91%D1%8A%D0%BB%D0%B3%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8/)

I assume this has something to do with the 'browser-friendly' adress rewrite stuff.

Also clicking on the forum icon to mark the forum as read did not work, and neither with the italian forum.

That rewrite issue is strange. But regarding the forum icon, you should use the "Mark Board as Read" right at the bottom of the forum to reset the view, and then see if cookies are set right.

I tried the "Mark Board as Read" button and it correctly markes the entire apexdc forum read, no unread posts show up anymore.

I tried to browse the bulgarian forum in opera10 and IE8 too, IE gave similar error message as FF, and opera didn't like it either even if it never showed me any message.

Im not really interested in the forum as i dont know the language anyway, I just thought it odd that it wasnt possible to browse to it.

/1d

I tried the "Mark Board as Read" button and it correctly markes the entire apexdc forum read, no unread posts show up anymore.

I tried to browse the bulgarian forum in opera10 and IE8 too, IE gave similar error message as FF, and opera didn't like it either even if it never showed me any message.

Im not really interested in the forum as i dont know the language anyway, I just thought it odd that it wasnt possible to browse to it.

/1d

I'll report it to IPS directly, since their software still seems to be a little buggy even after two maintenance releases. Thanks for the heads up. :stuart:

I found its difficult to edit my posts since the save and preview buttons are almost hidden and no scrollbar is visible (in firefox), only cancel works as that is not a button but an ordinary link.

(the edit 'window' is inside the original post and the added toolbar on top with edit functions make the buttons below disapear 'behind' the stuff beneath the post.)