Lee

Error saving hash data: Access is denied

9 posts in this topic

Windows Vista and 7 users with UAC enabled may often encounter an "Error saving hash data: Access is denied" message if they haven't given ApexDC++ the correct privileges to run. This is extremely easy to solve:

1. Right click on ApexDC++'s exe file or shortcut. This can be found on the desktop or Start > Programs > ApexDC++.
  2. Select Properties
  3. Navigate to the Compatibility menu item (see attached screenshot)
  4. Select Run as administrator
  5. Restart ApexDC++

Once the program has finished hashing your files, it can successfully save the hash data to the Program Files directory.

Best strategy imho is to not install it into program dir since there are more complications storing stuff there if UAC is enabled

Good Advice Lee :) I forgot this myself after being absent for so long, quickly remembered the first time i tried hashing though :blushing:

We're working on a better solution to this problem. :)

Gonna be a small fix in next version of sDC++ that will end up as soon as apex merges source with sdc++

although handles to the registry will always require admin access

Edited by Toast

Only handles to HKLM need administrator privileges, HKCU is fine. By the way, it sounds great to save all data to users folder, so you'll need no administrator access at all.

A simple way for compatibility with Vista/7:

1. Delete the full program.

2. Reinstall and during Setup, specify the folder to install the program, namely the root of drive C: \ Apexdc

3. Now enjoy thumbsup.gif

post-24734-125613606635_thumb.png

Mek likes this