Jedi-Master

Problem connecting to hub

30 posts in this topic

i dont wanna write becuse im not good in typing in english ! so i upload a pics to show you

if you can see in this 2 pics that i can to my hub with 0,4,0 but in 1,2,1 i can no connecting it :)

i hope that somone can give me an hint to help me fix it !

Edit: sorry i named the topic Probelm to connect my hub using 0,4,0 but the probelm is 1,2,1 but not 0,4,0 :P lol

post-4781-1248458363_thumb.jpg

post-4781-1248458369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jedi-Master

I've tried connecting with ApexDC++ correctly setup:

[19:06:47] *** Connecting to 1337.dontexist.com:411...

[19:06:47] *** Connected

[19:06:50] <l33tSecurity> YnHub version: 1.036 produced by Yoshi, Nev and Todi.

[19:06:50] #->

yes the port is ok but i cannot connect :)

When you use the check connection link, what happens?

You said "the port", as in one port? You need a separate port for TLS, not the same as TCP or UDP.

When you use the check connection link, what happens?

You said "the port", as in one port? You need a separate port for TLS, not the same as TCP or UDP.

but isn't tls only used for client to client communication?

but isn't tls only used for client to client communication?

all of the ports are...

you connect to the hub to it's port, if the hub is running on localhost connect to localhost or lan ip (unless set in hosts file).

jahooo im now connected to the hub with a differend Dc client the client is Called DC++ and is the fine to me but im still using apexdc for downloading :)

jahooo im now connected to the hub with a differend Dc client the client is Called DC++ and is the fine to me but im still using apexdc for downloading :)

Could you please answer the questions that have been directed to you, we're trying to help.

well i dont know what is wrong with my connection to my hub! maby its an error in my network or jus this TSL port ! i dont wanna use this damm port !

Way better to get traffic shaped instead downloading at 1kb/per year :) and spellcheck ffs

FYI do what lee says and listen to the developers around here cause you dont seem all to bright when it comes to software.

Think you should read this article: Part 1: Old Software and the impact of it

Edited by Toast

yes i know ! but my ISP in iceland is gay i cannot open the port meself i just make an phonecall to the ISP and let they do it ! they have blocked all costumers to open port ! i wish i can burn the ISP lol

Then its not our fault its more your ISPs fault

so yes its the ISP fault ! so now im just going to close my hub becuse i have nothing to do with this ! btw my connection is awsome its FTTH and i love it :) but i wanna thank you and Lee for the help. so adios

so yes its the ISP fault ! so now im just going to close my hub becuse i have nothing to do with this ! btw my connection is awsome its FTTH and i love it :P but i wanna thank you and Lee for the help. so adios

Has your ISP forwarded two ports for TCP and UDP? If so, you could try selecting one port to share both TCP and UDP, and then use the remainder port for TLS.

Edit: I'm moving this to support.

he had the bind address set wrong...

i helped him on msn...

worked out :P

he had the bind address set wrong...

i helped him on msn...

worked out :P

Glad it's sorted. :)

Hello, I'm kinda new here. Some users may know me as Hub user MC_Hollis. Ummm I'm trying to connect to a Hub, and this is what I get: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. Can Anyone help me? What does it mean?

That means that the problem is most likely server (ie. hub) side... and it will resolve itself out if you wait patiently. Unless it is happening with every hub you are trying to connect to.

Hello, I'm kinda new here. Some users may know me as Hub user MC_Hollis. Ummm I'm trying to connect to a Hub, and this is what I get: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. Can Anyone help me? What does it mean?

As Crise said, it's most likely that the hub you're trying to connect to is down. Hopefully it should be back up soon, or already is :)

I'm getting a different message now...

22:57:19] *** Connecting to luna.net.nz:411...

[22:57:20] *** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I'm getting a different message now...

[22:57:19] *** Connecting to luna.net.nz:411...

[22:57:20] *** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Then that means there is no hub running on that port/machine or that the firewall on the hub machine is blocking incoming connections.

lee can always do a support post on the msgs :D

I have had this problem with Apex DC since 1.2.0 - I originally upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 and could not connect to a hub I frequent. So I stuck with 1.1.0. Now that I'm forced to update to 1.2.1, it still will not connect. I've never had a problem connecting with 1.1.0 but always 1.2.x. Also, no one in the hub was ever able to connect with 1.2.x either.

This is all I get:

[01:24:53] *** Connecting to [hub_name]...

[01:24:53] *** Connected

[01:24:53] *** Stored password sent...

[01:24:54] *** Joins: raver2

[01:24:54] *** Connection closed

[01:27:49] *** Connecting to [hub_name]...

[01:27:49] *** Connected

[01:27:49] *** Stored password sent...

[01:27:50] *** Joins: raver2

[01:27:50] *** Connection closed

[01:30:00] *** Connecting to [hub_name]...

[01:30:00] *** Connected

[01:30:00] *** Stored password sent...

[01:30:01] *** Joins: raver2

[01:30:01] *** Connection closed

ad infinitum.

Debug info:

Hub: [incoming][67.213.xxx.xxx:411] $Lock EXTENDEDPROTOCOLABCABCABCABCABCABC Pk=py-dchub-0.2.3--

Hub: [Outgoing][67.213.xxx.xxx:411] $Supports UserCommand NoGetINFO NoHello UserIP2 TTHSearch ZPipe0 TLS |

Hub: [Outgoing][67.213.xxx.xxx:411] $Key A