Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jedi-Master

ApexDC++ 0.4.0 force closing problem

10 posts in this topic

when i start the client in the morning the client forced me to upgrade to V-1,2,1 and i dont wanna do that im fine with 0,4,0 and when i start the 0,4,0 client is got this message ! you can see the message in the pic i have uploaded. and when i click ok the client is closed, i dont why and this is ignore me :)

http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?act=Att...ost&id=1049

post-4781-1248450667_thumb.jpg

you relalize that 0.4.0 has serious bugs right and that it can be exploited right ?

yes but i cannot connect to my hub when im using 1,2,1 but i can connect it when im using 0,4,0

yes but i cannot connect to my hub when im using 1,2,1 but i can connect it when im using 0,4,0

Make sure you're using separate ports for TLS as well as TCP and UDP. Forward all those ports, and you shouldn't have any difficulties connecting.

Hi, I was forced to upgrade also and may I say that I did not take that too kindly. I am running a small hub and we all were fine with 0.4.0. Running very smoothly without any problems at all. As far as security is concerned we had all that covered. You should leave people the freedom of choice and not force things down their throat. However must say I do like some of the new features but not all. Your version 1.2.1 has serious stalling problems due to the CPU usage that goes to 100% way too often. Would apreciate you people taking another attitude towards forceable upgrades and fix this very urgent CPU abuse.

So its okey for u to make it unsecure for us but not for us to secure u dude its open source and stick with the current times and update if anything else the forced update idea should be in all clients.

So its okey for u to make it unsecure for us but not for us to secure u dude its open source and stick with the current times and update if anything else the forced update idea should be in all clients.

Hi,

in reply to Toast. So shoving down people's throats a prog that uses 100% CPU and stalls is being with the times? And not giving people the freedom of choice should be in all clients? Listen up, I am running a private hub now for 2 and 1/2 years with only 19 members and by my sugestion we were all using Apex 0.4.0 and we were all at peace with absolutely no problems that can concern you, so you come along now and force us to upgrade with something that causes us headaches. And by the way to whomever, thanks for the Apex and I do appreciate you guys for working so hard to improve the prog but keep in mind, some of us are happy with what we got and some of us are not all using the same OS or do not have the means of having the latest in pc, so if you want us to use your latest and I can understand that you are proud and eager for us to use your latest but at least make sure it works for ALL of us and SUGEST an upgrade but don't force it. Thanks for taking the time.

Hi,

2 and 1/2 years

ive been on dc for 6 years almost ive started as a user not knowing all that much to apart of development i know the cpu problem is an issue and im not saying its a good thing but using old client its virtually stupid even if the hub is private we patch thing on client for your security not to piss u off etc. so try and see it our way my first recommendation since we know there is a cpu issue is to disable all plugins and see if thats causing the problem.

we are not going to go back on versions so better to try and help us solve the problem instead of complaining about it since updating is necessary.

Edited by Toast

ive been on dc for 6 years almost ive started as a user not knowing all that much to apart of development i know the cpu problem is an issue and im not saying its a good thing but using old client its virtually stupid even if the hub is private we patch thing on client for your security not to piss u off etc. so try and see it our way my first recommendation since we know there is a cpu issue is to disable all plugins and see if thats causing the problem.

we are not going to go back on versions so better to try and help us solve the problem instead of complaining about it since updating is necessary.

Like I said in the 100% CPU forum I have disabled the Media plugin which was not in use and it is the same. Using 3 pc all with Apex 1.2.1, in which 2 had the plugin. 2 pc using win 2000 pro and the other has Vista 64 bit. The Vista 64 bit is on a powerfull pc and it stalls it there too. I am not a programmer but do have the impression that maybe it might have something to do with the hashing I cannot confirm that.

Regarding 100% CPU usage, check your TLS related options and disable TLS entirely if you are having CPU and/or connection issues while it is enabled (this is something that has been covered earlier).

You do have to realize that when creating a program it is impossible to test every setup and possible combination of options... that is mainly why 1.2.1 was released primarily to address an issue 1.2.0 users were having regarding CPU usage (see above, and do note that we can naturally not affect settings on existing installations) ... had that issue not bee there 1.2.0 would have been the forced update to all, most likely. Because 1.2.0 contained changes that may have far greater significance for people other than the actual user of the client.

This is the first and hopefully last forced upgrade that will involve users of earlier versions marked as stable. While I am all for freedom ofr choice there are times when that is just not viable option. I have never considered a forced upgrade just because something is "latest".

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0