Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mightyred

re hash files ? file not shared ?

6 posts in this topic

hi can anyone help,

I am being banned from certain hubs because i am told that my file list is not visible for sharing, but when i view my shared files folder in my settings I have checked the box to share. Do i need to rehash my files ? if so how do i do this ?

If anyone can shed some light on my problem I would be gratful.

because i am told that my file list is not visible for sharing

can you explain it in detail? what does it mean? does it give "file not available" when trying to download from you? or an empty filelist is downloaded from you? or...?

can you explain it in detail? what does it mean? does it give "file not available" when trying to download from you? or an empty filelist is downloaded from you? or...?

hi thanks for replying, I think i have sorted it now.

but my main problem is now that when i exit and then return my favourite hubs and all of my downloads are not saved.

any ideas

check if you have permissions to write into ApexDC folder and to its files. And if they are not marked Read only accidentaly. If you stored it in Program Files folder, move the whole ApexDC folder somewhere else (for example some subfolder on D: if you have one) where UAC cannot make you trouble (if you are using Vista, that is).

I said it before, I'll say it again, we need some standard form with basic info required for support... like hardware, OS, problem description, etc. Isn't there some ready module?

hi,

if it's not what Mek written ( about permissions under vista ), then try to check if the files under <apex folders>\Settings folder named "Favorites.xml" and "Queue.xml" do exist after quitting apex ( no process is running at all named apexdc.exe ) or there are only "Favorites.bak" and "Queue.bak"

if there are no .xml files, but the .bak files only, then Apex will create those default ( and empty ) files for you and that's why you won't see your favorite hubs' list and the download queue ----> which would mean that apex couldn't shutdown properly last time it was running and couldn't write back the .xml files to the disk ( to load at the next startup )

there was a little batch file written for it by Aztek if i recall it right ... will check and link here if i'll see it again

Edit: yes, it was Aztek last November, who documented it on the forum: http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=3034 )

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0