nowinhis

Hashing at startup

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

I upgraded to 1.2.0 final a few days ago. I noticed that it takes a very long time for it to start and my HDD goes crazy during the startup process. I guess this is because it hashes my whole share (right now about 200 Gb) at each and every time I start the client.

It takes about 30-40 seconds for Apex to start running. Is this normal? As far as I remember none of my other clients did this. (I used several versions of StrongDC and then Apex 1.1.0.)

Yours

N

If you upgraded correctly then all settings from the old Apex will be preserved so no hashing is needed. If you reinstalled from scratch then it will hash the shared files only once... and by the way, it will take much more then 40 seconds to do that. After that it should run normally... so I think the problem lies somewhere else.

One more thing: the shared folder is the same folder where your downloaded files are stored ? If so, then it is necessary to rehash them as new files are added...

You can always check the hashing status under menu: View --> Indexing progress.

If you have a slow/fragmented disk or an older PC, 30-40 seconds to start ApexDC seem to be normal. Beside other things, it checks whether all the shared files are still in the same place as they are in the filelist so it takes a while to seek them on the disk.

This should be it... I have a LOT of very small files (guitar pro tabs) shared.

Thanks!

If you have a slow/fragmented disk or an older PC, 30-40 seconds to start ApexDC seem to be normal. Beside other things, it checks whether all the shared files are still in the same place as they are in the filelist so it takes a while to seek them on the disk.