Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.2.0 Final

38 posts in this topic

Here we go again. :whistling: We have been working on this branch for a while, so we are delighted to announce the stable version of 1.2. We would like to thank all our testers and the support of our community during this period. The focus of the 1.2 series has been to provide users with stability and performance improvements, so we're looking forward to feedback posted in our forums.

We are actively searching for new feature requests and ideas for our next version, so please stop by and send us your ideas. :thumbsup:

Please note: We will eventually be forcing this update to all users prior to 1.2 because of security risk that allowed users to DDoS attack websites. There are some patches for this exploit included in 1.2.0 final, and the auto updater should kick in soon.

Lee, why remove the IP Guard in the new 1.2.0 version ?

Evergreen: Because it was unfinished, inefficient, nowhere near as comprehensive as something like PeerGuardian, and most importantly didn't merge cleanly with the newer StrongDC branch. It was, broadly, felt better to take the feature out rather than leave it broken. Use PeerGuardian if you feel you absolutely must have... something like PeerGuardian.

...besides which, your hub allows banned IPs in it? Not a very good hub...

Edited by Ophite

WoW, Thanks !

Cool!!! :whistling: Lee and Crise, thanks for new ApexDC++ 1.2.0 Final! :thumbsup:

Edited by TheJackal

The focus of the 1.2 series has been to provide users with stability and performance improvements, so we're looking forward to feedback posted in our forums.

Thanks for the new Version, but i got a reproducible Crash here. I have to use SDC 2.22 instead, it doesn´t crash.

Thanks for the hard work and congrats on the 1.2.0 version!

However, Ctrl + click and Shift + click still does not work in the "Finished downloads" window.

Detailed description here:

http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=2946

That topic was set "read only" and I couldn't find any other where I could write about the bugs of the 1.2.0 final version that's why I'm posting this here.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

If all else fails I will send a feature request to handle this in Apex 1.3.0. :)

N

That topic was set "read only" and I couldn't find any other where I could write about the bugs of the 1.2.0 final version that's why I'm posting this here.

I've created a new forum for fresh bugs/crashes. ;)

New plugins are available here.

hi, nice ;)

someone recently opened a hub in iceland, 300 users already :D

Thanks for the new version, hopefully the new version will be fixed soon.

hopefully the new version will be fixed soon.

I don't quite understand what are you referring to here...

There's something not right with this version =\

At first it seemed nice to me that there were many improvemnts, but as I started downloading a 30 mb video and went out for a while, when I came back it was still continuously downloading some small TTH files which had the same name as the video, and it wasn't going to stop as video should've been downloaded in about 1 minute given my download-speed, and about 20 minutes have passed by that time.

But that's not the problem. The problem is, that when I went off, there was 1 Gb free space on my hard disk. When I came back, there was 0 bytes, and there was no new files in the Apex DC folder, even the video wasn't downloaded. Only when I restarted the computer and waited for about 20 minutes, the vanished disk space magically returned, but you really got me going till that, as 1 Gb is a big deal given my lame hard disk.

Now can somebody tell me, what the heck was that all about?)

There's something not right with this version =\

At first it seemed nice to me that there were many improvemnts, but as I started downloading a 30 mb video and went out for a while, when I came back it was still continuously downloading some small TTH files which had the same name as the video, and it wasn't going to stop as video should've been downloaded in about 1 minute given my download-speed, and about 20 minutes have passed by that time.

But that's not the problem. The problem is, that when I went off, there was 1 Gb free space on my hard disk. When I came back, there was 0 bytes, and there was no new files in the Apex DC folder, even the video wasn't downloaded. Only when I restarted the computer and waited for about 20 minutes, the vanished disk space magically returned, but you really got me going till that, as 1 Gb is a big deal given my lame hard disk.

Now can somebody tell me, what the heck was that all about?)

with just that much info it is hard to say anything definite, f.ex. tell us do you use segmented downloading or not (in other words more info about your soecific setup would be nice).

there's definately something not right with this version, ever since the 1.2beta it sometimes startet pointless downloading of tth files over and over again. happend to me too a lot of times...

wouldn't recommend updating to anybody even its now called stable it has this major issue.

So Were Having Issues Connecting To Others That Are Running This New Version Of Apex. The Users Have Complained That They Cant Connect To Same Client Users Of The New 1.2.0 The Connection Keeps Timing Out. Any Ideas On Why This Is Happening?

So Were Having Issues Connecting To Others That Are Running This New Version Of Apex. The Users Have Complained That They Cant Connect To Same Client Users Of The New 1.2.0 The Connection Keeps Timing Out. Any Ideas On Why This Is Happening?

With 1.2.0 beta or newer TLS port must be correctly forwarded and configured (it also cannot be the same port number used for the two other port fields).

With 1.2.0 beta or newer TLS port must be correctly forwarded and configured (it also cannot be the same port number used for the two other port fields).

What About Direct Connect Though...About 80% Of The Users Are On That And Even Them Are Having Time Outs

It still needs to be configured... regardless of protocol, since SDC implemented TLS for NMDC client<->client connections as well.

So if I understand what you've said correctly, you're planning to force people to update to a version of the client that requires more knowledge to set up and is already known to have issues.

Is it just me or does that sound like a poor idea?

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but it seems like those two things are going to cause more problems, issues, and headaches than the new version solves.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but it seems like those two things are going to cause more problems, issues, and headaches than the new version solves.

Regarding the matter with TLS, it doesn't make setting up any more difficult, you just forward 3 ports instead of 2 or 2 ports instead of 1 (in case you have used same port for TCP and UDP until now).

Regarding the reported issues... there will always be issues, of course we will reconsider the decision to enforce upgrade in the light of the reported issues. That much should be obvious to anyone who realized that Lee's post was made right after release.

Ok So Let Me Make Sure I Get This Right...

People That Are On Direct Connect Should Not Be Having Any Problems As Long As Their TLS Port Is Not The Same As TCP/UDP Ports?

That People On Routers Just Need To Portforward TLS Also And All Should Work?

Regarding the matter with TLS, it doesn't make setting up any more difficult, you just forward 3 ports instead of 2 or 2 ports instead of 1 (in case you have used same port for TCP and UDP until now).

Regarding the reported issues... there will always be issues, of course we will reconsider the decision to enforce upgrade in the light of the reported issues. That much should be obvious to anyone who realized that Lee's post was made right after release.

Not all people have the "slots" in their router configuration to forward an additional port.

Forcing people to upgrade, no matter what exploits were abusing in a previous version isn't not cool. People need to be able to make a choice about such things. Not even Microsoft forces you to update or upgrade.

Specifically about your reply:

There's no need to call anyone stupid (like you pretty much did). I tried to make it obvious that I wasn't meaning to offend or attack you. I've reread Lee's post and all it said was that you were going to eventually force the upgrade. Reconsidering the idea never came into play.