Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madsere

What to do about anal rententive mininazi admins?

13 posts in this topic

[15:30:52] <[bOT]GZ> Du er bannet fra denne hub af [OP]-Sings fordi: [bandwidth limited client];

I have a 1024/512 connection and limit bandwidth to 512/256 because I need to use some of my bandwidth for work. What's the iffing problem? Others connect with dialup and that's no problem?

I know, it's terrible. This is the trouble the client, and most modifications of DC++ have to face. By simply being informative and telling a hub that you a re limiting rather than just hiding it, we are candidates for a kick. Unfortunatly there is no real solution to these kind of people, I guess we just hope as the program becomes more popular, people will realise that we are trying to produce a great sharing client, that shouldn't be kicked on entry from hubs.

Hopefully it may change in time, but we cannot change this attitude easily, I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer than that.

Even with DC++ emulation, it seems it is easy to detect the speed limiting feature, at least I have been kicked for forgetting to turn it off when I logged in to such hubs.

Even with DC++ emulation, it seems it is easy to detect the speed limiting feature, at least I have been kicked for forgetting to turn it off when I logged in to such hubs.

Yes limiter is still shown in tag regardless of emulation, and i won't change this unless SDC changes it first, which is not likely...

Yes limiter is still shown in tag regardless of emulation, and i won't change this unless SDC changes it first, which is not likely...

So go spamming BM's forum, c'mon! :D

hm in peerweb limiting and dc++ emulation did work, at least some time. with apex i get kicked imidiatly from some hubs. wich dc++ version is emulated?

the last version of DC++ is emulated and DC++ doesn't have upload limiter, so you can emulate DC++ with disabled limiter only.

[15:30:52] <[bOT]GZ> Du er bannet fra denne hub af [OP]-Sings fordi: [bandwidth limited client];

I have a 1024/512 connection and limit bandwidth to 512/256 because I need to use some of my bandwidth for work. What's the iffing problem? Others connect with dialup and that's no problem?

it is your computer and your bw, just use Netlimter

netlimiter is shown in the tag

Small correction, it's shown as connection type :wacko:

Don't use netlimiter and instead, use the built-in bandwidth limiter. Though I'm not sure if that is displayed in your tag and neither if it can be disabled. Cannot test it at this moment. But this has been discussed recently in this forum, you might search for it - or just try it out. :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0