Guest Toast

Suggest features for ApexDC++

149 posts in this topic

Auto-update system "on" or don't close program when people have old version..

This is something we'll include in 2.0.

oh :) when we see version 2? :)

No timeframe, end of summer the earliest.

3 Quick feature suggestions:

Log Exclusion:

Sometimes logging a specific user is pointless (For example, a chatroom when "chat history on join" is enabled). An option to not log specific usernames would we a very welcome inclusion so the client doesn't end up redundantly logging 10 lines of chat history every time it reconnects to the hub.

Autoreply Exclusion:

The option to exclude users from being auto-replied to would be useful for clients that run on servers (without people actively monitoring them) that are set as "away" in order to inform people that PM it that it's a server and won't respond. Right now, every time a new chatroom message is sent to one of these DC++ servers (such as on connect), it replies with the default away message, which is very annoying to everyone else in the chatroom. The solution for now is to not turn the away feature on, but it's nice to have when a user (thinking it's a regular user) PMs a server and gets a "Sorry, I'm only a bot, contact [insert owner nick] instead" message. Being able to exclude users from being auto-replied to would solve this problem entirely.

Sidenote: Being able to exclude users by username or by use of regex in both cases would also be nice.

Tab rearranging preview:

It is possible to rearrange the tabs, however it doesn't show until you let go of the mouse. A more graphically appealing way would be to do what most other programs with rearrangeable tabs (the Windows 7 taskbar, Chrome browser tabs, etc) do, show a live preview of the tabs new layout, with animations.

Not working, requires additional file "libsimplepickle.lua"

Post in that forum for support on that script, not this one, especially not in the feature suggestion thread. Also, try searching: libsimplepickle.lua

just want to mention that my previous post are here to propose a future not beeing here to get back questions like: " why we need this future etc" i propose futures thats already been inplanted in other clients. but unfortunately there aint a 100% complete client with all this good function combined too one.

HDD free/total is nice little function, and should not bee to hard get in there?

fulDC, DC++,AirDC++, StrongDC? have this function.. :thumbsup:

aloso after beeing testin the client iv noticed that DUPLICATE folders are not implanted only duplicate files!! maybe add this to v2.0???

also subdirectories in folders are kind of hard too see, atleast with black background..if this is posible to get a fix for?

keep up good work!

//onkel

Individual hashing...

X

and

Y

X - HDD have sand

Y - HDD have have water

instead of refreshing both, allow user to chooose between X or Y..

FulDC++ and AirDC++ have this function.

hope we all get my point here..lol

First of all like to mention that we are happy to use ur software and thnks for the same.....

My suggestion is or i dont know if it already exists :--

at my place i.e India my internet connection gets disconnected too often..Now i use manual port forwading and it also look for my external ip.

Most of the public hubs which i m connecting needs this external ip...When i leave my pc ideal for downloading ( I mean when i m not at my Desk ) and my internet connection gets disrupted what i see that most of the hubs dont allow me to join as due to disconnection i have lost my already entered External Ip/Wan Ip ....... Thus if i m not there and this happens my download stops from the hub which check for external ip...

My question:- Is there any feature which allow apex DC++ to check m external ip in a prescribed time...ie constant check on external ip... as in Apex 1.3.4 there is a option update ip on DHT firewall check....

My request :-

If not is this feature can be added ... that the software check the external ip by itself after every hour or so so that to ensure the conectivity of different hubs even if my ip changes due to disconnection and it update the same......

ApexDC++ is an innovative Direct Connect client based on StrongDC++. It has nice features such as intelligent chunk spreading, PeerGuardian plugin, customisation, themes, and a brand new user friendly GUI. But, after hashing so many GBs I just forgot to plug in the 1 TB USB drive. Now it shows as 0 Share. I will have to wait for days before it hashes again, better to use torrents, or any other option. I don't like this kind of functionality.

ApexDC++ is an innovative Direct Connect client based on StrongDC++. It has nice features such as intelligent chunk spreading, PeerGuardian plugin, customisation, themes, and a brand new user friendly GUI. But, after hashing so many GBs I just forgot to plug in the 1 TB USB drive. Now it shows as 0 Share. I will have to wait for days before it hashes again, better to use torrents, or any other option. I don't like this kind of functionality.

If you hashed it once, no new hashing is neccessary. Just plug in your drive and mark it as shared (make sure the drive letter and paths are same as before). You are then ready without any additional hashing :whistling:

Hi.

I used to run Fuldc as dc client.

Here are some things that i miss from that client.

1. commands in main window: /df: with that command i could get in main window how much space i had free on my PC of the total share among my hdd's. Example: Free: 159.56GB of total: 2.56TB.

2. The refresh button in fuldc was splitted in 2 parts. one was total refresh as your's. the second one could you select the folder in your share that should be refreshed. if you hade an folder for requests and you wanna refresh only that folder fast. you could shoose that and refresh. I miss that too.

One more thing i read about is Winamp. i run winamp alot and i would like to be able to controll winamp via dc. so i can change songs, play, stop, pause the songs. turn the vol up and down wold be nice too. and maybe be able to put in a togle that are shown in main in a hub when i push one buttom? would it be difficult to get this 3 things in the next version of Apex? :whistling:

Besides that i just wanna tell you all what a GREAT job you are doing and keep it up.

// Gspotten

One more thing i read about is Winamp. i run winamp alot and i would like to be able to controll winamp via dc. so i can change songs, play, stop, pause the songs. turn the vol up and down wold be nice too. and maybe be able to put in a togle that are shown in main in a hub when i push one buttom? would it be difficult to get this 3 things in the next version of Apex? :)

Sorry, but could you explain what does this thing have to do in p2p client? Or should we also implement controlling of Microsoft Word? Or maybe BIOS editor in DC client would be good thing :whistling:

Sorry, but could you explain what does this thing have to do in p2p client? Or should we also implement controlling of Microsoft Word? Or maybe BIOS editor in DC client would be good thing :whistling:

the only thing that's "wacko" is that ****ing leecher segment that some leecher developer came up with. if something doesn't belong in a dc++ p2p it's the segment dl.

Winamp is just a nice thing that you can control via dc. i have seen other dc client's use it

FulDC aint DC++ take it from me (apart of DCDev) now the feature u want are already in some updated client perhaps u should take your requests with em instead of trying to get em into every client that doesn't want it.

One more thing i read about is Winamp. i run winamp alot and i would like to be able to controll winamp via dc. so i can change songs, play, stop, pause the songs. turn the vol up and down wold be nice too. and maybe be able to put in a togle that are shown in main in a hub when i push one buttom? would it be difficult to get this 3 things in the next version of Apex? :)

You don't have some money to buy a keyboard with multimedia keys? It can help you to control not only winamp and not only from DC client (but this is a great secret don't tell it anyone :whistling: )

OMG, people, we have a plugin for the winamp-things, why don't you point him to the right thread?

Gspotten, read this thread, install the MediaPlayers Plugin - you will get a new toolbar with the controls for Winamp :whistling:

Why should i do that mek if he cant read thats his ****ing problem isn't it ?

note at lee: why are we censuring words here now ?

How about adding an optional chat marker line, like XChat has, so that when you check the hub you can see where the last chat you'd read was?

How about adding an optional chat marker line, like XChat has, so that when you check the hub you can see where the last chat you'd read was?

We've had a look at this before... but will have to wait till the wxwidgets UI rewrite is complete.

The hotkey for closing a hub (or any tab, for that matter) is Ctrl-F4.

Hi,

Is there any possibility to save the current hub list? It would be useful to work with different hub settings.

Ex: lets say I have a list of English hubs, one of danish and one of Russian hubs in my favorites. Then I can play around and set the default hub list at each start up for example. It would be nice to open them at startup without checking/un-checking the hubs every time I like to change the settings.

Just a little cosmetic enhancement: In the Finished uploads list, there is an "Open Containing Folder" item in the context menu of the items (or how is it called in English). After clicking it, the containing folder is opened but if it contains some hundreds of files, it's kinda hard to find the one I want. It would be better if in the opened containing folder, the file was already selected.

(I know it is technically possible, there is the same feature for playlist items in AIMP2 player I am using).