Guest Toast

Suggest features for ApexDC++

149 posts in this topic

1. Possibility to make line break and new line (BR) in Default away message. I use it for default info for all users, but text seems to be very condensed when written in one paragraph.

2. Freezing (any type) of Finished Uploads window. When sorted by any column contents of the window moves each time any upload finished (cursor jumps and it is hard to look for any particular upload - I forced to stop all uploads first by disconnecting from hubs and closing coonections).

Bumping this up.

And new requests:

1. New option in the "Settings" - > "Upload slots": "Automatically grant extra-slot to users with share more than <define value in gigabytes, 0 = no automatic slots granting>"

2. New option In the "Settings" - > "Upload slots": "Automatically grant extra-slot to users from whom you are downloading"

3. New option in Favorite Hub Properties: "Automatically grant extra-slot to users from this hub"

Bumping this up.

And new requests:

1. New option in the "Settings" - > "Upload slots": "Automatically grant extra-slot to users with share more than <define value in gigabytes, 0 = no automatic slots granting>"

2. New option In the "Settings" - > "Upload slots": "Automatically grant extra-slot to users from whom you are downloading"

3. New option in Favorite Hub Properties: "Automatically grant extra-slot to users from this hub"

Nice requests, especially 3). Suitable for LAN-hubs.

Hi,

Requests:

1. URL (with highlighting) in chat, clicking on which performs actions like opening a new search window with the search string from the url

example: search:?st=i+wanna+search+for+this&ft=video

My idea is, this should be visible as a url in chat and on clicking it a search window with the string set and filetype set has to be opened

2. Similar idea for private message

example: pm:?nick= recipient_nick

3. Use of variables in away message, variables like %[userNI] etc..

Regards

skull

I would like to request a feature expansion. The implementation of the TTH hashes is not complete, Wikipedia references another very useful feature:

Group settings in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_URI_scheme#Group_settings

Basically, that means that you should be able to format a single link to contain more than one single file, however, dc++ and its relatives choke on xt.1, xt.2 etc.

This would be a great addition to the existing functionality in two ways:

- Marking several files and generating a group setting TTH for them

- Marking a folder and generating a group setting for the contained files (sub-folders, too, even if the folder structure cannot be retained).

Thanks for considering this!

I would like to request a feature expansion. The implementation of the TTH hashes is not complete, Wikipedia references another very useful feature:

Group settings in http://en.wikipedia....#Group_settings

Basically, that means that you should be able to format a single link to contain more than one single file, however, dc++ and its relatives choke on xt.1, xt.2 etc.

This would be a great addition to the existing functionality in two ways:

- Marking several files and generating a group setting TTH for them

- Marking a folder and generating a group setting for the contained files (sub-folders, too, even if the folder structure cannot be retained).

Thanks for considering this!

Somebody is going to enjoy 2.0...

Feature Request:

An added tag in the main settings file that would allow for a custom URL to update the client from. Ex. <customUpdateURL>http://www.hubwebsite.ca</customUpdateURL>. I run a hub for a university and we have a customized version of ApexDC++ that we distribute to all the students. Every time that ApexDC++ updates, some people install the stock version of ApexDC++ from http://www.apexdc.net/download and mess their installs up. It would be amazing if I could specify the URL (the university hub site) which people could update their client with. Is this a feasible option?

Feature Request:

An added tag in the main settings file that would allow for a custom URL to update the client from. Ex. <customUpdateURL>http://www.hubwebsite.ca</customUpdateURL>. I run a hub for a university and we have a customized version of ApexDC++ that we distribute to all the students. Every time that ApexDC++ updates, some people install the stock version of ApexDC++ from http://www.apexdc.net/download and mess their installs up. It would be amazing if I could specify the URL (the university hub site) which people could update their client with. Is this a feasible option?

While I understand your request, this will not happen... what you should do is compile ApexDC++ yourself if you want to distribute a modified version.

Feature Request:

May I ask what modifications you have made, or are they just cosmetic?

I am an operator of our university campus hub as well. We have a pre-configured Apex for our users to download - everything is set up to minimize trouble: the connection settings, Slovak language file, color scheme, favorite hub with autoconnect checked and other settings. I think he thought of this as well, so not a "modified" version, but rather a "pre-configured" one :)

It is a fact that our ApexDC++ userbase is growing and people say it is the best client - they have used DC++ or StrongDC++ before.

If it is just pre-configured then installing Apex using the installer on top of the existing installation can't mess anything up as the installer does not do anything to config files.

It is both pre-configured with all the setting in place as well as slightly modified :). I haven't gone in and edited the code at all because all I wanted to do was to edit some of the string literals, which I can easily do with a hex editor. I found the offsets and made a patcher for my hub to use so its all good now. Also, after some consideration, I can see how specifying a custom update URL would be a security flaw, as well as take a lot of traffic away from your site, so my bad :)

It is both pre-configured with all the setting in place as well as slightly modified :). I haven't gone in and edited the code at all because all I wanted to do was to edit some of the string literals, which I can easily do with a hex editor. I found the offsets and made a patcher for my hub to use so its all good now. Also, after some consideration, I can see how specifying a custom update URL would be a security flaw, as well as take a lot of traffic away from your site, so my bad :)

preconfigured clients great same CID much ?

They might, but if they are using NMDC why should that matter to them (I don't know if they are but if they aren't they probably know how to avoid what you said).

Not at all, we only added options like favorite hubs, slots open, share downloaded files, things like that, the CID is generated at first run as usual.

yay someone has been paying attention :)

hate it when preconfigured clients comes with bad settings

1) HDD free/total

2) dupe files is already in client but not dupe folders!

3) search a site for content from lines in mainchat , search trough imdb, tv,com or any site u want(user have to add himself)

1) HDD free/total

2) dupe files is already in client but not dupe folders!

3) search a site for content from lines in mainchat , search trough imdb, tv,com or any site u want(user have to add himself)

+1

Also where is the search skiplist? This is so useful.

Having an option to localise xml files to the /program files install directory. Apex is the first client ive used that wont let me install on a usb disk and run on any computer i want (while keeping all my hash data/favorites/queue/etc)

I think the TTH auto search/match has a prob with it, i cant get my client to get multi sources. While other clients will fill my download slots in a few minutes, Apex is still downloading off one person 30 minutes later when there are 20+ open sources available across hubs. My tth search timer is on 5mins. Maybe its something im missing, i dunno.

1) hdd free/total is kind of useless IMO. Fee/total of what? Your shared file, your dl directory, all the disks in your computer combined? Seems like feature bloat, just use My Computer

2) Apex CAN be run in local mode using a file called dcppboot.XML in the same dir as the exe. There's a tag called <LocalMode> set it to 1 and the <ConfigPath> to './settings/' or something and it will run off a USB.

3) Why would you want to search imdb and such from mainchat? Once again seems like feature bloat. Just open up a browser window and do it from there. Maybe just a plugin that would do that, I don't think the majority of users would use it.

4) That TTH bug has apparently been fixed in the newest release (1.3.4) if I recall the changelog correctly

23W:

What do you mean? If you're talking about the way that Apex sends private messages, remember that Apex is only a client and has to follow the NMDC/ADC protocol so other clients (and the hub) know what to make of the data it sends. Encrypting PMs wouldn't work with any other client.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....

23W:

What do you mean? If you're talking about the way that Apex sends private messages, remember that Apex is only a client and has to follow the NMDC/ADC protocol so other clients (and the hub) know what to make of the data it sends. Encrypting PMs wouldn't work with any other client.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....

No, I mean setup humane password on  private message receiving, as anti-spam feature. Message will be delivered to me only if sender can answer on simply human question, for example: "How many is two plus zero ?", correct answer is "two".

1) Quick access to change speed limit by right click on status bar (like in uTorrent)

2) Same with number of slots (I think DC++ has it already in status bar)

:)

No, I mean setup humane password on  private message receiving, as anti-spam feature. Message will be delivered to me only if sender can answer on simply human question, for example: "How many is two plus zero ?", correct answer is "two".

Once again, I think you'll run into the same problem; not all clients will support this. Plus, it would get annoying every time I want to send a message I have to answer some question. Just use the ignore user feature if a user starts spamming you.

http://board.ptokax.ch/index.php/topic,8045.0.html

is already possible for apex just use the lua plugin no need for bloat features