Guest Toast

Suggest features for ApexDC++

149 posts in this topic

iirc png support was implemented guess apng could be supported also if crise has the time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APNG

Edited by Toast

Dont assume i dont know what im talking about ... and its mostly adware sry for adding spyware but i dont like apps with adware ****..

Gotta make money some how.

when delete files they don't show in share, but info save in hash.

If share this files example in other Disk, I can see two identical record in hash. :whistling:

whats up with the file list preview.

The program does not get the whole list in one upload instead you have to click on the folder you want and it downloads preview for that folder and you have to do this for each folder you whant to see.

whats up with the file list preview.

The program does not get the whole list in one upload instead you have to click on the folder you want and it downloads preview for that folder and you have to do this for each folder you whant to see.

If you select get file list from the menu when you right click the user it will get all of the folders.

i dont know whether you were trying to implement this or not

it would be nice to have an option on right click to search....like if i highlite some text. (text which isnt a user name ) either in the private message window or in the main chat window then the options on right click other than copy ...copy actual line..select all....you can also add an option to ......search it on dc for (text i have selected) ....like in firefox if i select something and right click i have an option to search it on google....

i would like to see maybe a feature for naming tabs in favorites dialogue... and being able to right click a tab so the [%line:Name Tab] modal comes up for tab renaming... it was done in sddc just a request...btw hi crise :)

i would like to see maybe a feature for naming tabs in favorites dialogue... and being able to right click a tab so the [%line:Name Tab] modal comes up for tab renaming... it was done in sddc just a request...btw hi crise :)

There is already an option to use the details entered in favorites to identify hubs...

Please, make "Slots per hub" feature!

Look at my screenshot.

d901514b2b9a2955a874792ba1ecfa5c.jpeg

It's "primetime" situation, in the evening, maximum activity period.

ISS Hub users (my link to ISS is ADSL, 80-150 kb/s) take all slots and block faster users (Westcall & Multinex-62live - 2 independent Ethernet links) from downloads.

I set slots to 50, but then ISS users speeds fall to 2-3 kb/sec (as you see on the picture).

Look at my screenshot.

d901514b2b9a2955a874792ba1ecfa5c.jpeg

It's "primetime" situation, in the evening, maximum activity period.

ISS Hub users (my link to ISS is ADSL, 80-150 kb/s) take all slots and block faster users (Westcall & Multinex-62live - 2 independent Ethernet links) from downloads.

I set slots to 50, but then ISS users speeds fall to 2-3 kb/sec (as you see on the picture).

Would be useful to me too - I am using a LAN hub as well where slots could be unlimited.

While I see the purpose for such feature it isn't exactly the simplest thing to implement (well that being said without SDC's upload queue it would probably be easier to implement, but since we have the said upload queue...).

Slots system also was never designed to be hub dependent, so that would also complicate things (altho with hubhints there it could work but only to a point I think).

Edit: also such feature as this has potential to decrease the amount of total available slots on the network (ie. users would only open minimum amount of slots for each hub). Also it would probably be seen as negative feature from hub owners side because then the real slot count would not match the available slot count on a hub (which would we report in tag?)

No, I don't mean to set slot count differently per each hub! What about making a checkbox named "Unlimited slots for this hub" in a favorite hub properties. "Unlimited" would mean 100 or any such hugh number. This change would be reflected in the tag for the particular hub. Other hubs would use the default settings :)

Also it would probably be seen as negative feature from hub owners side because then the real slot count would not match the available slot count on a hub (which would we report in tag?)

Can prog report different tags to different hubs? If so, there is no any problems with this.

No, I don't mean to set slot count differently per each hub! What about making a checkbox named "Unlimited slots for this hub" in a favorite hub properties. "Unlimited" would mean 100 or any such hugh number. This change would be reflected in the tag for the particular hub. Other hubs would use the default settings :)

Oh, I see now. It would be nice too - it can solve my problems for a while.

And another two requests:

1. Possibility to make line break and new line (BR) in Default away message. I use it for default info for all users, but text seems to be very condensed when written in one paragraph.

2. Freezing (any type) of Finished Uploads window. When sorted by any column contents of the window moves each time any upload finished (cursor jumps and it is hard to look for any particular upload - I forced to stop all uploads first by disconnecting from hubs and closing coonections).

And another two requests:

1. Possibility to make line break and new line (BR) in Default away message. I use it for default info for all users, but text seems to be very condensed when written in one paragraph.

2. Freezing (any type) of Finished Uploads window. When sorted by any column contents of the window moves each time any upload finished (cursor jumps and it is hard to look for any particular upload - I forced to stop all uploads first by disconnecting from hubs and closing coonections).

very, very good ideas! :)

Sorry for doubleposting, just wanted to bump this :) :huh:

* Highlighting of words/lines in mainchat (see airdc for example)

* logging of mainchat-lines (optional addition to the highlighting descibed above)

Logging could be done either to the notepad or to a separate file or just in memory (/lastlog in some clients).

If you for example choose to log urls you will have a log file with all urls posted in mainchat.

You can also choose to log your nick, and get a list of every line that mentions you.

Feature requests:

+ add vertical lines post-6056-126798366776_thumb.png or two colors post-6056-12679836758_thumb.png to search results and transfers which will do it more transparent.

+ adjustable height of message field in chat

thx

Two colors is already possible... there is a check box for it in appearance. So is resizing the message field, or rather it adapts to the entered text if you change the setting for it in experts only if I remember correctly.

+ Changeable color of vertical line (at trasfers window, userlist window etc.)

+ Changeable color of vertical line (at trasfers window, userlist window etc.)

It varies depending on the window background color you use (ie. it is calculated dynamically from it). It is possible, however, to get almost any alternate color on practically white background though if you play with the window color a bit (I say practically white because it's not 100% white nut if done right human eye can not make out the difference).