Guest Toast

Suggest features for ApexDC++

149 posts in this topic

Feature: option to collect all private messages into a single private window, global for all hubs. If enabled, every private message from every hub will be shown into that window, of course, indexed or prefixed by the hub name and source, like this: <hub><from><nick> message, where "from" is for example the name of the private chatroom (actually, the "from" field taken from "$To" command).

Allow apexDC to start up without User account control interfering, that way apex can easily be started when your computer is switched on.

Option: max download sources / ip. Default is 0 (no limit). If it is 1 and i am currently downloading from 3 users (A, B and C) then I am sure each of these 3 users has a different (unique) IP. If the limit is 2 then it is possible that 2 of them have the same IP, but not all three.

That can only be done in ADC since NMDC doesnt have anything to sort out id's on

I don't see why. If I am downloading from BigMusscle, Toast and Crise, I also have all 3 IPs of you, isn't it ? Because the client knows from what socket and IP is currently downloading...

If <max sources per IP> is set to 1 and somehow your IP is equal to Crise IP then the client will close one connection (you or Crise) so that only ONE user from your IP will remain in use.

Why is not possible ?

I don't see why. If I am downloading from BigMusscle, Toast and Crise, I also have all 3 IPs of you, isn't it ? Because the client knows from what socket and IP is currently downloading...

If <max sources per IP> is set to 1 and somehow your IP is equal to Crise IP then the client will close one connection (you or Crise) so that only ONE user from your IP will remain in use.

Why is not possible ?

because shared IPs exist :)

That's why it is an option... disabled by default. But perhaps in my network or hubs where I am connected, shared IPs are not such a problem... so I can enable it, right ?

Or perhaps I just want to enable it knowing the consequences..

On the other side, this would help me to make sure that I am not downloading multiple times from the same user (on different hubs) even if NMDC protocol doesn't offer me the tools to properly detect this...

What can happen if I download from user A and B and they have the same IP ? Two cases:

Case 1 - they are the same user but connected on 2 hubs

Case 2 - they are 2 different users using a rooter for example.

If I enable this option, the client will cut off one connection, leaving only one user.

Depending on the situation, this may prove useful for me.

But note this is an option so most people (probably 80-90%) won't enable it, those who knows what are doing may enable it but they will do it on their own risk.

And if I enable it, even if it is the wrong case, I am the one that gets penalized eventually (because I lose one download source) and I am not damaging the network...

Well pseudo cid is possible under NMDC but not done yet so it might work if someone takes the time to make it happen but under ADC is possible out of the box

Well pseudo cid is possible under NMDC but not done yet so it might work if someone takes the time to make it happen but under ADC is possible out of the box

until then, i was talking about something else, not allowing more then x users per ip... that is easy to implement compared to cid. i don't have anything about user identification in nmdc hubs but every time i requested it i hit a wall... :)

that feature has already been discussed i think x amount of user per / ip i think all devs thought this to be a hubside feature instead of a client side

You still miss the point, but perhaps my english is not too good too.

I am *not* talking about the # of users / ip in hub X. Read again what i proposed.

Consider that I am connected to 10 hubs. And you also, on 10 hubs. And in the same hubs like me.

Now, I start downloading a file from you, and the client finds 9 alternative sources... but it is you all the time, only in 9 different hubs... Hubsofts can not prevent this, you are connected only once to each hub...

If i limit the max <user> / ip to 1 (where <users> = users from which i am currently downloading something) then the client will close 9 connections to you, leaving only one active...

So, in other words: do not identify the "clones" based on CID, because it will not be implemented soon, use users IP for this purpose. Allow me to set a limit for users / ip in case i download from more users all heaving the same ip...

I am not missing this feature, but some passive users might be missing it for a long time already :wub:

When a user is in active mode, make a feature available for him - a checkbox checked by default - "Help passive users connect to each other".

Passive users could be able to connect to each other using the active user to negotiate their connections - but not the full data transfer. I don't know how exactly it works and if it even is possible, but isn't this the idea of how Hamachi works? :)

Furthermore, this feature would help spreading ApexDC dramatically. B)

3 more suggestions.

1. often it happens that i am away and somebody writes something in private to me but when i came back, he already went offline and i am unable to see what hub he was connected to... because all i can see is: Nick - offline... please correct this

2. because the userlist is already so big in some hubs, i want some advanced filters for it. for example: i want to filter (show or not show) all the users sharing less then 5 Gb and using oDC 5.31 as client.

3. a "search user" feature. search on: all hubs | op hubs | specific hubs, nick pattern, use regular expressions etc.

on 1 you can change the logfile name to include hubname, that alteast will give you a possibility to get the information now, but i agree on this one, - pleaase bring it back.

3, search for a lua script called findnick.lua it will do that for you

+ running multiple shares in one client

+ choose colour of taskbar icon (if the above isn't going to be possible soon ;-) )

Multiple shares has been discussed and that will probly be an adc feature

Hi

I would like get some functions on /sc-commands like RSX has

it is /sc f for filelist check and /sc c for clientcheck

/ Spader

Obsolete function since client checking really is more of a version checker which really doesn't do anything these days but take up space i say remove client mod detection totally since no one is maintain any lists and the list themselves doesn't really do anything however filelist checking still has a valid function since it can be matched to ADL for detecting crap

Regards Toast

ps. ta en

2. Feature: Synchronize Folders

In the Intranet someone is running a Server. He automatically downloads the newest episodes of american series with RSS feeds with utorrent. The "sync Folders" function automatically downloads the filelist from this user and checks, if there are new files and downloads them automatically to a specified folder.

I second this.

Also DHT.

BitComet integration/features would be nice also. Like when you are downloading a file on BitComet it searches for other matching torrents, trackers, eDonkey download sources, DHT, Peer Exchange, online mirrors, etc.

I second this.

Also DHT.

BitComet integration/features would be nice also. Like when you are downloading a file on BitComet it searches for other matching torrents, trackers, eDonkey download sources, DHT, Peer Exchange, online mirrors, etc.

No Bitcomet if i wanted spyware or adware i would download it but i dont and a torrent client well it migth be in the works if crise has alot of time over but since its only one developer for apex ever move has to be prioritized

By integration I mean optional integration. Also you should do your research before you blame something for having spyware.

Dont assume i dont know what im talking about ... and its mostly adware sry for adding spyware but i dont like apps with adware ****..

Edited by Toast