Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
super126

OMG,I can't get any Strong DC++ for linux

23 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone

I have been useing Strong DC++ for a long time. But last days, I turn to Linux and I got no Linux Client to use and I can't leave it. It seems that apexdc.net is the only site which process Linux client project. But I can't find any release. How can I get the client? Thanks.

Hi, everyone

I have been useing Strong DC++ for a long time. But last days, I turn to Linux and I got no Linux Client to use and I can't leave it. It seems that apexdc.net is the only site which process Linux client project. But I can't find any release. How can I get the client? Thanks.

Use LinuxDC++ or jUCy these are the ONLY availble clients. you could even cross compile DC++ and BCDC++

ApexDC runs pretty well under Wine.

ApexDC runs pretty well under Wine.

Still its not optimal use since there are native clients for linux

Use LinuxDC++ or jUCy these are the ONLY availble clients. you could even cross compile DC++ and BCDC++

Does LinuxDC++ or jUCy support TTH? The HUB requires TTH support. By the way, which compiler can I use for cross compile?

?

I don/t know too much about TTH, but TTH use hash to search files and put all files which have same hash together.

I don/t know too much about TTH, but TTH use hash to search files and put all files which have same hash together.

Any new client supports TTH since it is required to have in ADC Protocol

Any new client supports TTH since it is required to have in ADC Protocol

Where can I get new native clients with GUI for linux?

You can get linuxdcpp in a package pre-compiled for your system - for ex. Debian: sudo apt-get install linuxdcpp (or whatever is the package name).

You can get linuxdcpp in a package pre-compiled for your system - for ex. Debian: sudo apt-get install linuxdcpp (or whatever is the package name).

The problem with that package is that its outdated to adc specs

The problem with that package is that its outdated to adc specs

oh, really? I didn't know that... I thought that there are always the latest versions in official package repositories :D

Well, then to compile the client yourself would be best idea :)

I have download the latest version of linuxdcpp and compiled it successfully. But it doesn't work:

This HUB can be connected in our campus, and I used Strong DC++ to connect to this HUB before.

Which client should I choose before? It seems that the YnHub is choosed as server.

==================================================================

*** Connecting to p2p.firedown.com

*** Connected

<-CORE-> ļС: 16.98 TiB

*** Connect failed: Connection closed

I get these information from the terminal:

================================================================================

happy@ubuntu-desktop:~$ linuxdcpp

Loading: Hash database

Loading: Shared Files

Loading: Download Queue

(linuxdcpp:6326): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

(linuxdcpp:6326): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

you should report this at linuxdc++ bug report forum not here :D

It seems that it is not a bug, I think linuxdcpp i s not compatible with Strong DC++, is there a Strong DC++ client for linux?

they are supposed to be compatible, if they are not. then it is a bug (in one of them or both)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0