Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sliderem

Conect and disconect problem in version 1.1.0 and 1.2.0b

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am using apexdc++ since more then 1 year and I updated last week at version 1.1.0 and after that at 1.2.0.

I have a strange problem now, every time when I want to download something apexdec++ is connecting kind of difficult to the peer.

And after the connection is saying "Download staring..." and exactly in the flowing seconds is saying "Download finished,idle..." :D .And is repeating this cycle continuously.... :)

I am have a VAIO, with windows vista , I don't have a public IP I tried with direct connection and with passive(this one was working perfectly until last week).

Do you have any idea ?

BR.

Yeah I have the exact same problem with the new Apex i installed a few days ago. I can still upload everything but when I try to download anything, the stupid status of the file makes me dizzy with all its flashing between idle and connecting. :angry:

I'm using DC++ 0.707 again because it works fine for me and no need to go on passive...just no ratio to look at hahah :D

Same problem here! I have two laptops with Vista.With 1.1.0 there was no problem.

When 1.2.0 was released, i upgraded, but the problem started.I downgraded back to 1.1.0, used it whithout problem,

but at the release of 1.2.1 the problem with "download starting and finished" is back.

Question:

Why are you forcing users to upgrade to 1.2.1? I cannot return to 1.1.0, the working version for Vista!

Please fix this issue, my only option now is to quit using Apex.

Same problem here! I have two laptops with Vista.With 1.1.0 there was no problem.

When 1.2.0 was released, i upgraded, but the problem started.I downgraded back to 1.1.0, used it whithout problem,

but at the release of 1.2.1 the problem with "download starting and finished" is back.

Question:

Why are you forcing users to upgrade to 1.2.1? I cannot return to 1.1.0, the working version for Vista!

Please fix this issue, my only option now is to quit using Apex.

I use Vista and 1.2.1 in perfect harmony... please tell us more about your specific setup, because neither I nor any of the other users I know that are using 1.2.1 with Vista have any significant issues with it.

if you want to see for yourself how bad it is, i invite you to see in real time how apex works for me , you can contact me to catalinbombea@yahoo.com , and i will give you acces through teamviewer. My location is in Romania, so we have to schedule a teamviewer session.

I have the same settings i had for apex 1.1.0, my connection is active, (firewall with upnp), search is working well.I atach 2 print screens with my advanced settings. The strangest thing is that if i uninstall apex 121, install it again, download and everything is working perfect till i quit current session. Next time i sstart a session, download is not working, it is starting and finishing in a continuous loop for the same file . Please contact me at undefined

post-23343-1248443750_thumb.jpg

post-23343-1248443761_thumb.jpg

Please refer to the below topic for further assistance:

http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=3312

It's a problem with the permissions you run ApexDC++ under (which we could have told you right away had you mentioned to us about the error message in your status bar).

Anyone else experiencing similar problems with 1.2.x should also check the above topic, since it is very likely that the reason for the problems is the same.

You are right about this, with right click, and Run as administrator is the solution . But now, my question is:

If i am the only user, logged with an administrator account, and when i start apex 1.1.0 , as well as ALL other programs i run from my desktop, UAC ( user account control) is asking me if i allow this program to run. Since 1.2.0, in vista , with the usual left double click , apex is not running with admin rights. Apex is the only program from my desktop not starting with full permissions, for this reason at first i excluded the permissions cause.

Isn't this setting of the new apex a little unusual?

For apex, all program developers deserve congratulations, i use apex frequently and "it's not bad at all"!

Thank you for your support Crise!

You are right about this, with right click, and Run as administrator is the solution . But now, my question is:

If i am the only user, logged with an administrator account, and when i start apex 1.1.0 , as well as ALL other programs i run from my desktop, UAC ( user account control) is asking me if i allow this program to run. Since 1.2.0, in vista , with the usual left double click , apex is not running with admin rights. Apex is the only program from my desktop not starting with full permissions, for this reason at first i excluded the permissions cause.

Isn't this setting of the new apex a little unusual?

For apex, all program developers deserve congratulations, i use apex frequently and "it's not bad at all"!

Thank you for your support Crise!

Yes, we're trying to work something out about this. :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0