Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adje358

Downloading from non-hashing client

8 posts in this topic

Hi there - one short question: can ApexDC++ download from older, non-hashing clients like DC++ .306? I'm desperately looking for a client that can do that, without having to go back in time . . .

thanks,

Adje358

Well, that's the whole point: these anti-hashies are very stubborn, and prob. for good reasons. I'm in private hubs only, and TTH has never done any good to me: the only 'alternates' it finds are from the exact same user in another hub (and then it starts 'double dipping' - utterly annoying!), while the alternates i find manually always have a different TTH-id; of course there must be the slightest difference, but 'same size' is good enough for me, i'll do the checking by eyes and ears.

All in all: though the techies all seem to be in favor of TTH, the community sure is NOT. I guess it's time for a client or mod that kicks the whole TTH-business out of the window and let people decide which files to download. Thanks

somehow i feel quite out of snappy answers today.

just give the stoneage man his club back and let the rest of us go on with our business.

(dc++ 0.306 was released jan 9 2004, would anyone use a antivirus program that is over four years old? or go back to netscape 2 ?)

hi dator - i like snappy, but you're totally beside the point: i sure don't want to go back in time (didn't i say so in the second sentence of the initial message?), but sometimes i need to connect to a user with an older client, just because he's the only one with that specific album/video, and the only thing that prevents it is the darned TTH.

Anyway, for those that recognise the problem, my workaround is this: i use ApexDC++ 2.0 for my 'regular' ups and downs, and use DC++ 0.689 to connect to older clients (they can run side by side).

(as far as i'm concerned, the topic can be closed)

I am constantly kicking (as an op) users with these prehistoric clients. I would suggest blocking upload to them so they have a fair reason to upgrade. Blocking download from them seems irrational :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0