Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KofolaMaster

cant download from sdc2.21

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I have custom built ApexDC1.2.0b (passive) and can't download from user with StrongDC 2.21 (active-portforward). My client sends the revconnect, receives connectome, but does not even try to connect (I used wireshark to check this). This happens with ApexDC 1.1.0 and even with StrongDC 2.21 when used as client. The StrongDC 2.03 does not seem to have this issue.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

StrongDC++ 2.21 release notes;

*** WARNING ***

All connections between StrongDC++ are automatically encrypted now.

If you experience problems, you can disable it in Security Certificates settings.

*** WARNING ***

Can this be related maybe? :)

Can this be related maybe? :unsure:

You hit the nail on the head there... correctly set up TLS and you shouldn't have any problems... I for instance have never had any.

You hit the nail on the head there... correctly set up TLS and you shouldn't have any problems... I for instance have never had any.

I realised I have this problem too. "Correct setup of TLS" as you wrote - does it involve port forwarding of TLS (separate TCP) port?

I have turned off all encryption options and now the connection works like a charm.

I didnt see this in the changelog but can I just take this opportunity to say HALLELUJAH!!!! Its about time we this happened.

Thanks for info, I will try to fix this and report back.

Shouldn't be there some kind of warning (maybe even with a suggestion on how to correct the situation), that my settings are not correctly set up (instead of silently ignoring)? This could prevent users not aware of what-the-heck-is-TLS downloading.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, after disabling the TLS support (in the settings -> advanced -> security) I was able to download from users with Sdc2.21.

Feel free to close this topic.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0