Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
omega66

Minimum search interval

8 posts in this topic

Hello ! i have a problem and i don't know how to solve it. The minimum search interval option work fine under windows xp, but under vista doesn't do anyting. i tried to put 10 sec, 100 sec ... but when i do multiple search nothing happen ... it search and find nothing because of the rrestriction of the hub .... WHAT can i do to make this option to function properly ? pls help and sorry for my english.

Have you restarted the client?

Also, ensure that the DCPlusPlus.xml has correct privalege's, it may be possible that UAC is preventing it from being changed, when you put your intervals in.

I run ApexDC++ as administrator, so if i can change anyting i think isn't this the problem ... I miss something ?

Running the exe as an admin can still avoid changes being made to DCPlusPlus.xml as it is a different file. Try turning off UAC temporarily and see if the problem continues.

Hello, I am sorry, i wasn't home. I tried that, still doesn't work ... I ll wait untill the next release. I hope I ll be lucky.

Here is a simple tip that Satan often misses cause he is so anti UAC

Dont install Apex in Program Files install it in a unprotected folder

So what folder does UAC react to well im gonna tell you

C:\Program <--Swedish OS

C:\Program Files <--- Normal OS

C:\Windows <-- Any folder under here is protected by UAC

i have my apex on Desktop

C:\Users\Toast\Desktop\Client

Works perfect and UAC is still enabled this problem has been taken up many times and all i see is Satan with his stardard blame on UAC and his same suggestion to turn it off instead of just recommending the user to install apex in a different folder thats not protected by UAC, IMHO that not good support i hope this works better for you.

so its not a client fault and waiting until next release is not that good its just a matter of where you install it.

p.s to anyone feels like this is relevant facts do make a guide for it so that this question can be avoided in the future.

Edited by Toast

Well, still Satan is quite right, or all programs should be put on Desktop? It is not only ApexDC++ that suffers from UAC, while the UAC benefits are very doubtful. :crying:

while the UAC benefits are very doubtful.

if you dont have it enabled i could root you with a tenth of the effort compared to if it is enabled. the following article explains seom of the vunribilities introduced by reducing this feauture http://www.darknet.org.uk/2009/02/windows-...access-control/. And before anyones ays i know this requieres an admin user but UAC is designed because most windows users run as admin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0