Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJchroniux

Separate Hub Usage Statistics

10 posts in this topic

I connect to a lot of hubs at a time, and I would really like to know which hubs are the most usefull for me and which are not usefull at all.

So I think it would be very nice to have hub statistics with graphics, where all favorite hubs would listed descending by the download (and upload) from them.

For example:

HUB STATISTICS:

1. HUB C - [DOWNLOADED 100%] (1000 GB) - [uPLOADED 50%] (50 GB)

2. HUB D - [DOWNLOADED 60%] ( 600 GB) - [uPLOADED 12%] (12 GB)

3. HUB A - [DOWNLOADED 2%] ( 20 GB) - [uPLOADED 80%] (80 GB)

4. HUB B - [DOWNLOADED 0%] ( 0 GB) - [uPLOADED 100%] (100 GB)

(Downloaded and Uploaded could be usual ApexDC++ graphics.)

Let's say, I got these statistics after one week of ApexDC++ online, so I see that I downloaded nothing from HUB B the whole week, I only uploaded there, so it is no usefull for me at all. Such feature would be very usefull in managing favorite hubs for users with a lot of favorite hubs.

What do You think about that? :)

agree on that one,would be a very nice and intuitive feture too.

I would extend this idea a little bit by displaying the search statistics per hub, like how many search results each hub provided. Or a simplified version of this, count 1 to a hub that return ANY search result an 0 if no search results are returned. Keep the statistics between sessions. If after one week a hub has 0 search results and no download then Apex will make a suggestion to the user to remove that hub from favorites. The owners that are "cheating" by disabling search and download will loose users in this way. Notice that when you search for something, it is most common to search on all connected hubs and few are noticing if one hub provides no search results...

Also regarding statistics, perhaps an idea is to report them to the number of users on that hub, because it is normal that a big hub will offer more search results or activity/downloads...

1 and 0 is even better idea IMHO!!

I think we could start with one small addition: a counter of search results near each hub in favorites window. So whenever user wants he can see how many times each hub gave a search result.

Could we start with this small addition and see how everything goes further? :)

second'd!

It's not a bad idea, but recording all those stats can be a pain...

The response is in above reply, quoted from myself (or am I not part of the staff? :))

We have not dismissed the idea, but haven't really decided on it either... only time will tell if and how this could be made.

I think we could start with one small addition: a counter of search results near each hub in favorites window. So whenever user wants he can see how many times each hub gave a search result.

Could we start with this small addition and see how everything goes further? :blushing:

I was talking about this :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0