pingu

Option to not ask for new instance.

6 posts in this topic

I'm running Windows 7 and have this nice little dock bar thing. I like the fact that when I minimize a program to the tray, it doesn't have a selected box around it until I click on the link and unminimize it. ApexDC++ is the only exception to this rule, because when you click on its icon on the dock, it comes up with a new dialog asking if you want to run a new instance of the program. I can see why this would be useful, but I'd like the option to disable this dialog and never run a new instance, but just unminimize from the tray. The dialog box is just annoying, that's all.

You can hover over it and it will give you the option to open the previous instance you know.

We cannot support W7 yet because it WILL change between now and release.

I know it gives me the option to not run another instance when I try to run the exe again, but that's exactly the problem. I'd like a way for that dialog to never show up and always use the current instance, because I don't use the tray although I like the minimization to the tray (running in background as opposed to just being minimized, there is a difference in Windows 7). You'll be happy to know that Apex runs perfectly in Windows 7 (64-bit), although there is the one issue I'm complaining about that makes it less than perfect.

i think, if you append "/silent" to the command-line used to open ApexDC++ (so in the shortcut properties), it won't ask.

You'll be happy to know that Apex runs perfectly in Windows 7 (64-bit), although there is the one issue I'm complaining about that makes it less than perfect.

the happiest people would probably actually be the guys over at MS, since this would mean they would have managed to maintain compatibility with an app as complex as ApexDC++. :)

oh and i find it ironic that someone nicknamed "pingu" evocates Windows 7... :)

i think, if you append "/silent" to the command-line used to open ApexDC++ (so in the shortcut properties), it won't ask.

almost correct :), but it's "/q" without the quotes...