Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
usg

slowing down the CPU

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have been using Apex DC++ since some time to connect to a private hub. This worked very well earlier, however recently Apex DC++ when connected simply kills the CPU so much so that I cannot do anything else. Even my mouse ceases to move smoothly on the screen.

I am a complete novice in Apex DC++ settings. Please help me solve this problem. I am sharing about 30 GB data from my partitioned Hard drives only.

Thanks,

USG.

Yes, I have my anti virus and spyware all up to date. Besides this problem occurs only when Apex DC++ is running on my desktop which leads me to think that there is something wrong with how I am using the software.

Have you tried running it without your download queue?

Secondly, you may also want to try /rebuild to rebuild your share, it may have become corrupt.

I have the same problem with all DC client based on StrongDC++ .

My situations is as follows - i have 4TB of info shared,10 upload slots, 15 sim.files and 50 sim.downloads.

It tried to lower the upload slots to 3,the max sim. files to 2 and the max sim downloads to 15,but to no avail....it still kills my CPU to 90-100% nearly all the time :)

p.s. my CPU is a P4 s.478 800FSB/1MB EE 3,76GHz...the most powerful for the s.478 platform.

That is very odd. I must be honest I run a E8200 Duo at 4Ghz so I dont need to notice CPU utilisation because Apex only uses 1 core.

Im outta my depth here, perhaps crise will have an idea....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0