Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EmilyElle

Error saving hash data: The system cannot find the file specified

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I recently downloaded ApexDC++ 1.2.0B (i was using DC++ before) and just started using it today as i'm back at university. While hashing my files, it keeps getting an error: "Error saving hash data: The system cannot find the file specified." I have gone into my folders and looked, and all the files it is trying to hash are there and working fine. I never had a problem like this with DC++. It's only been able to hash around 1 gig when i have much, much more than that. As a result my share size is too low to log on to my university's hub. Rather annoying.

Also eery once in a while i get an "Access is Denied" error, but more frequently the File Not Found error.

I'm running Vista 32 bit, if that matters.

Hey all,

I recently downloaded ApexDC++ 1.2.0B (i was using DC++ before) and just started using it today as i'm back at university. While hashing my files, it keeps getting an error: "Error saving hash data: The system cannot find the file specified." I have gone into my folders and looked, and all the files it is trying to hash are there and working fine. I never had a problem like this with DC++. It's only been able to hash around 1 gig when i have much, much more than that. As a result my share size is too low to log on to my university's hub. Rather annoying.

Also eery once in a while i get an "Access is Denied" error, but more frequently the File Not Found error.

I'm running Vista 32 bit, if that matters.

Next time read before creating a new thread. Just reinstall the previous version (stable 1.1.0 one)

Or fix the problem by disabling UAC. Or you can use Rytis's workaround if you are unable to do this. But do note, you will be stuck with Apex 1.1.0 forever and will not be able to use any of the new builds. Also ensure your are the 'owner' of the Apex folder should you still have problems.

Or fix the problem by disabling UAC. Or you can use Rytis's workaround if you are unable to do this. But do note, you will be stuck with Apex 1.1.0 forever and will not be able to use any of the new builds. Also ensure your are the 'owner' of the Apex folder should you still have problems.

Thank you. But don't you think that the upcoming 1.2.0 stable version should be compatible with UAC? Because sometimes UAC is quite a good thing. :)

Simple solution DONT INSTALLL IN PROGRAM FOLDER

hope i typed it big enough

program folder and windows folder and system folder is UAC enabled and if u still perist on having it there then use admin rights on apex but that still leads to problems.

Edited by Toast

Thank you. But don't you think that the upcoming 1.2.0 stable version should be compatible with UAC? Because sometimes UAC is quite a good thing. :)

I am very Anti-UAC. I aint seen a single instance when its useful yet :S

I am very Anti-UAC. I aint seen a single instance when its useful yet :S

Well it does have its uses when it comes to viruses and malware/spyware and such but if users would just stop using admin/power user account in daily (ie. regular) usage most of the UAC would become utterly useless yes.

Still, in short, it is a bigger nuisance than benefit as it is now and the same things could certainly be achieved with some better solutions.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0