Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djbellusci

Problems with active mode

14 posts in this topic

hi, i downloaded and set up my apex dc++ in active mode and it was working fine for around 2 weeks. After this point apex dc++ stopped downloading items and constantly just said connecting, I could also no longer search. On further investigation I went into the settings and tested the connection to find that the UDP connected however TCP did not which was only a partial connection. I looked at my firewall settings and the ports that Apex requires are open. After trying to change to different port numbers etc... my utorrent which has been working fine for around 2 years also wont fully connect. The thing is I havent even touched the settings for this! I am only using windows xp firewall and have disabled my routers firewall. Have you got any ideas on what may be the problem and how I can solve it as this is very frustrating!

Thanks in advance

you need to have three ports forwarded, one TCP, one UDP and a third TCP and that number you should put in the TLS box.

Tried opening 3 seperate ports for the ones mentioned and still no luck, just keeps saying partial conection, its driving me crazy, ive tried everything, but obviously im missing something, please help!

Tried opening 3 seperate ports for the ones mentioned and still no luck, just keeps saying partial conection, its driving me crazy, ive tried everything, but obviously im missing something, please help!
Try to switch off all TLS support in client (and clear TLS port field too).

I had problem like yours once and tried almost everything - only setting TLS off solved it. Don't know what it was.

Try to switch off all TLS support in client (and clear TLS port field too).

I had problem like yours once and tried almost everything - only setting TLS off solved it. Don't know what it was.

how do i turn of all tls?

how do i turn of all tls?

File -> Settings -> Advanced -> Security -> TLS

One "Use TLS..." checkbox and two "Allow TLS..." checkboxes.

And TLS port on "Connection settings" page.

File -> Settings -> Advanced -> Security -> TLS

One "Use TLS..." checkbox and two "Allow TLS..." checkboxes.

And TLS port on "Connection settings" page.

Tried that with no success still partial connection! just dont get it

Tried that with no success still partial connection! just dont get it

[/quo

You say you opened those ports, did you open them in the router also?

If you are not behind a router you will need to open the ports in your windows firewall if your running XP...if you are running Vista, from what little I know you will need to do the same through the admin side.

Also if you are behind a router and your getting this problem, check and make sure that your windows firewall, in XP is turned off, you don't need to run it if you are behind a router.

you don't need the tls port.

Good luck, sometimes going active can be maddening.

Thanks for all the help, I am running the internet behind the router however i turned off the firewall on the router. even so i added the ports to the router firewall and hey presto got a full connection problem 1 solved However now i can only search in passive mode and cannot find anything even dvd in active mode and when i begin to download it starts off at very high downloads 100 to 200k this is what it used to run at however now it goes right down till it drops off as connection speed is too low. Any ideas?

you still have a problem with your ports,

if you do not get search results then your udp port isnt correctly forwarded

Are you sure there is no misunderstanding in terminology and router settings?

I have 2 routers (ADSL and Ethernet) and port opening was done through "Port forwarding" settings pages in both of them. I did not even touch router's firewall settings.

Are you sure there is no misunderstanding in terminology and router settings?

I have 2 routers (ADSL and Ethernet) and port opening was done through "Port forwarding" settings pages in both of them. I did not even touch router's firewall settings.

The ADSL/ethernet is your modem, it can act as a router.........the modem will hand a ip address to what ever is behind it computer/router....whatever, so all you should have to so is have your ports open through the linksys.

One thing you may check though is, if you are connecting with your ISP via PPoE protocall, you may need to bridge your modem to your router....in most case's that means you need to connect direct to the modem, go into your settings and find the bridge modem function, or give your ISP a call and aske them about it if you don't know.

good luck

The ADSL/ethernet is your modem, it can act as a router.........the modem will hand a ip address to what ever is behind it computer/router....whatever, so all you should have to so is have your ports open through the linksys.

One thing you may check though is, if you are connecting with your ISP via PPoE protocall, you may need to bridge your modem to your router....in most case's that means you need to connect direct to the modem, go into your settings and find the bridge modem function, or give your ISP a call and aske them about it if you don't know.

good luck

Sorry, man, can't understand you are talking about.

I have no problems with ports, routers and modems.

It's djbellusci started the topic, not I. I just tried to help him.

And last sentences is completely unclear for me. Why I need to connect modem to router? I have 2 provider connections - one is Ethernet, other is ADSL. I have good enoght router built in modem with port forwarding, static and dynamic routing (useful for provider's LAN) and other cool options including even traffic shaper (that is my modem - http://www.acorp.ru/products/adsl/sprinter...-lan-420m/spec/ (sorry, no english version)).

And other router (stand-alone, D-Link DIR-100) is also work pretty fine maintaining connection to second provider.

Sorry, man, can't understand you are talking about.

I have no problems with ports, routers and modems.

It's djbellusci started the topic, not I. I just tried to help him.

And last sentences is completely unclear for me. Why I need to connect modem to router? I have 2 provider connections - one is Ethernet, other is ADSL. I have good enoght router built in modem with port forwarding, static and dynamic routing (useful for provider's LAN) and other cool options including even traffic shaper (that is my modem - http://www.acorp.ru/products/adsl/sprinter...-lan-420m/spec/ (sorry, no english version)).

And other router (stand-alone, D-Link DIR-100) is also work pretty fine maintaining connection to second provider.

ok mon, sorry it was my mistake, I thought you were talking about one connection not 2.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0