Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northwind

user icon flags like old Xion++ had...

16 posts in this topic

I liked this feature in old X04 xion :) and i'd like to see this option too in ApexDC++

Crise will know what i mean :P dont ya.... hehe anyway, keep up good work... ;)

Yeah, northwind i know what you mean, maybe i'll add country flags to userlist, as a separate column or inside the ip column, as having them as usericons would be pretty "uninformative"...

Well I find i dont pay much attention to the normal userlist icons. I find them small and not that useful, why do i need to know someones on wireless ;) I find seeing what kind of spread of countrys there is in a hub is nice. In the client i have you can click on and off a tick box for flags. So its optional... so why not :)

Well I find i dont pay much attention to the normal userlist icons. I find them small and not that useful, why do i need to know someones on wireless ;) I find seeing what kind of spread of countrys there is in a hub is nice. In the client i have you can click on and off a tick box for flags. So its optional... so why not :)

Well if you can turn the flags on your can always drag the column infront for the users column.

Surely if you have this you're only going to be able to detect where they are if you conenct to the user?

Surely if you have this you're only going to be able to detect where they are if you conenct to the user?

Yes, or if you "get user responces" automatically. Too much wasted bandwidth I think...

Yes, but I've only ever seen that option in the right-click menu of users on hubs where I am an OP, not on public hubs. If you just used this f eature to help you OP better than fine, but that doesn't seem like the motivation behind the request?

If that is the case, then I'm sure the Get user responces option msut have been not incldued with hubs where you ar enot an OP for a reason? :(

Yup true. Untill get response is recieved you just get a blank square with a question mark. To be honest after many years on dc i've given up on the userlist icons, ive been staring at this screen too long and the icons seem so tiny in user lists now :(

Maybe this is a good thing for an op client, it works in all ynhub's I op where I recieve myinfo, ptokax it does not, but i really dont mind the plain blank squares now with question marks in.

Normal user lists are meant to tell you what connection a person has be it modem or DSL.... well honestly how many people really have modem these days., ?? there are lots of clients set falsely i believe.

At least with country flags 90% of the time they really are from that country, and if they are scandinavian I know theres a very good chance I will be able to download from them fast.. Theres a use for you ! lol

example A desk1.jpg example B desk2.jpg

Heh, well the way of displaying your connection type is the old way, we encourage you to use the new way, as other users generally just care about your upload speed. :( The old way is still left in if people would like to use it though.

Heh, well the way of displaying your connection type is the old way, we encourage you to use the new way, as other users generally just care about your upload speed. :lol: The old way is still left in if people would like to use it though.

So in the new way what icons are there in the user list? If they are all the same now.. whats the point in them being there at all :(

So in the new way what icons are there in the user list? If they are all the same now.. whats the point in them being there at all :D

They're not the same. It's a person rather than a connection type (cable, DSL, etc)... green person represents a fast uploader, yellow slower and a warning message if the user is really slow.

that's chosen manually though... ? from the 0.005, 0.01, etc dropdown... rather than detected ?

I'm not trying to go off topic lol .. im just trying to establish the usefulness of that. If its chosen manually its likely to baffle a large proportion of uses who have the I have the internet but have no idea of what my connection speed is problem. It seems an advanced solution that will just make the userlist less reliable.

Unless its automatic then its fine :D

Maybe put a link in to speed testers or whatever in, although couldn't you just set the default speed to not actually be a speed? ....as in jsut be "---" or "Upload Speed" or whatever, not an actually value, so it that it would show up as a seperate colour in the userlsit, and only people that set the speed (and therefore hopefully know what they're doing) will be the ones you look at. If this is the c ase n ow then I don't see why you;d have a problem with that, so I guess it isn't.

That probably make little sense anyway,

Greg

this is also in zmDC. I love it.

well xion was first with that option and zmDC developer copied it from Xion :D

lol theres not much in a client these days thats not been borrowed from somewhere

Maybe put a link in to speed testers or whatever in, although couldn't you just set the default speed to not actually be a speed? ....as in jsut be "---" or "Upload Speed" or whatever, not an actually value, so it that it would show up as a seperate colour in the userlsit, and only people that set the speed (and therefore hopefully know what they're doing) will be the ones you look at. If this is the c ase n ow then I don't see why you;d have a problem with that, so I guess it isn't.

That probably make little sense anyway,

Greg

Sorry mate didn't really get what you mean there no.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0