Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.2.0 Beta

57 posts in this topic

Yup, en_dator confirmed it fine. Only the "Get IP" button fails, the automatic IP refresh on startup works fine.

Adrian_007 - It's possible that it fails when trying to get IP from remote HTTP response, but other HTTP seems to work fine. Why this instance only?

Crise - PeerGuardian was a plug-in. Couldn't IPGuard be made a plug-in too? That way, who wants to download and install it does so (the OPs generally), whoever doesn't, doesnt. That way, those who really don't need the IPGuard functionality (and I mean most of the users when I say this) are not going to be hindered by it being left accidentally on. Same functionality for those who need it, less usage for those who don't.

And speaking of plug-ins... If I'm allowed a suggestion: please create a site section right next to "Download" that's named "Plug-ins"... That should include a VERY short install guide on the top (like "download and uncompress in the "Plugins" directory" - most users aren't stupid, and if they are, they won't be needing those plug-ins anytime soon), and next, a list of the official plug-ins (like the LUA one or the IPGuard if you decide to make it that way) and contributed ones if the space and time allows it. This way, people are going to find that illusive LUA plugin they've been craving for so much without having to guess that it is located somewhere within the forums.

I'll try to find more info on the missing passwords thing. Please do take care about the "Someone is trying to use your client to spam ...", it's really annoying sometimes.

We may include a plugins site once more are submitted. No point in a spot for one plugin. :blushing:

Please do take care about the "Someone is trying to use your client to spam ...", it's really annoying sometimes.

This is something hubowners need to take care of not client devs there are alot of insecure hubs that is being exploited to if users (thats u ppl) started to learn about some of the security feats instead of whining about a msg for your benefit so u know when someone is trying to attack a web server (lets say FBI server for fun sake) that it isn't the attackers ip that gets stuck in the firewall its yours (now wasnt that a fun fact) :blushing:

Edited by Toast

For those that does not know it, The message "Someone is trying to use your client to spam ..."etc is there for YOUR protection, it tells YOU that a hub YOU are in are insecure and that it is allowing its users be used for attacking others on the internet.

Its as simple as that.

Removing the warning is simple - but do you really want it removed?

/d

When ever I close it and open it back up it says error creating magnet registry key in the bottom left corner. I always have to keep putting all my files again because it shows me that Im not sharing anything.

Hasn't crashed on me yet, runs fine, Windows Vista Ultimate x64

[12:05:27]

-=[ ApexDC++ 1.2.0B Compiled on: 2008-12-24 ]=-

-=[ Uptime: 10 hours 59 min 34 sec ][ Cpu time: 0:56:32 ]=-

-=[ Memory usage (peak): 73.39 MiB (73.43 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Virtual memory usage (peak): 59.61 MiB (66.64 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Downloaded: 1.03 GiB ][ Uploaded: 1.60 GiB ]=-

-=[ Total download: 63.26 GiB ][ Total upload: 18.83 GiB ]=-

-=[ System Uptime: 3 days 16 hours 17 min ]=-

-=[ CPU Clock: 2666.631345 MHz ]=-

When ever I close it and open it back up it says error creating magnet registry key in the bottom left corner. I always have to keep putting all my files again because it shows me that Im not sharing anything.

Are your files on an external drive?

The Get IP button has been fixed, wait for next version. :blushing:

PS - we're also very close to 3 million SourceForge downloads.

do not put your apex in program folder on vista unless u are running in admin mode but even then u might experience problem better to put it somewhere else where UAC doesn't react :blushing:

do not put your apex in program folder on vista unless u are running in admin mode but even then u might experience problem better to put it somewhere else where UAC doesn't react :)

Or just turn it off. :blushing:

Or just turn it off. ;)

this is off topic a bit, but reading back through the post here, I am kind of wondering why I am getting none of the errors or crashes, The only thing I have noticed on my side is the thing with the check IP in connection settings, but once I typed in my IP, as well as binding my static ip for my machine, it hasn't been a problem.

as far as the other thing with the notification of your hub being hacked or having unseemly types nosing around I do believe it is a good thing and I would be checking it out promptly...Did I mention it would freak me right out if I saw that message?

Other than that the thing seems to run very smooth for me and uses less memory to do it.

I run XP pro and host a hub on the same machine I am using apex on and bot are doing great.

Please do take care about the "Someone is trying to use your client to spam ...", it's really annoying sometimes.

Little info regarding that http://dcpp.wordpress.com/2007/05/22/denyi...tacks/#comments

Also checking the DC++ changelog we find the following: 0.709 -  * Disallow fake connections to a few known hub list servers (poy)

0.692 - * Added warning when someone tries to spam hublist.org or dcpp.net with your client   ;)

So removal would not be an option  :lol:

Little info regarding that http://dcpp.wordpress.com/2007/05/22/denyi...tacks/#comments

Also checking the DC++ changelog we find the following: 0.709 -  * Disallow fake connections to a few known hub list servers (poy)

0.692 - * Added warning when someone tries to spam hublist.org or dcpp.net with your client   ;)

So removal would not be an option  :lol:

That makes some sense, there are a few hubs that simply don't allow any mod clients, and we are considered a mod i suppose.....silly purist!

offtopic, you might be able to change the installer for apexdc to take ownership of apexdc folder?

That makes some sense, there are a few hubs that simply don't allow any mod clients, and we are considered a mod i suppose.....silly purist!

My point was that it was added to the ORIGINAL DC++ client source code, it has nothing to do with apexdc code...

So in turn whats in DC++ is IN ApexDC++.

Actually Spyke most of the stuff that in DC++ ends up in anymod

DC++ > sDC > ApexDC++

i dont think that BM or Crise removes that patch but we notice that when apex updates next time so its in 0.7091

Actually Spyke most of the stuff that in DC++ ends up in anymod

I think Spyke knows that. He was just reiterating his point. ;)

Axiolismifill likes this

I think Spyke knows that. He was just reiterating his point. ;)

Thank you lee, atleast someone got it...

-=[ Uptime: 3 days 55 min 35 sec ][ Cpu time: 3:51:27 ]=-

-=[ Memory usage (peak): 94.66 MiB (121.05 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Virtual memory usage (peak): 103.70 MiB (127.24 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Downloaded: 199.21 MiB ][ Uploaded: 144.36 GiB ]=-

-=[ Total download: 89.69 GiB ][ Total upload: 3.11 TiB ]=-

-=[ System Uptime: 1 week 4 hours 48 min ]=-

-=[ CPU Clock: 3007.510228 MHz ]=-

I think that once apex uptime grows so does the memory usage but not 100% sure.

This is after apex restart:

-=[ Uptime: 23 sec ][ Cpu time: 0:00:09 ]=-

-=[ Memory usage (peak): 39.11 MiB (39.11 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Virtual memory usage (peak): 33.82 MiB (34.34 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Downloaded: 494.76 KiB ][ Uploaded: 26.85 MiB ]=-

-=[ Total download: 89.69 GiB ][ Total upload: 3.11 TiB ]=-

-=[ System Uptime: 1 week 4 hours 52 min ]=-

-=[ CPU Clock: 3007.510075 MHz ]=-

Wow, that "someone is trying to use your client to ..." really did spark up some discussion.

People have failed to notice that I said "on the same hubs in the same conditions, Apex 1.2.0 Beta complains while Apex 1.1.0 does not". I did make the effort of sorting through some debug messages, and it seems that indeed, $ConnectToMe messages were coming on HTTP, FTP or HTTPS ports (have no idea how the heck they set them up that way, or why), but appeared to be valid, meaning that that IP had sent other messages before and appeared to be an actual client, and not a spam victim.

Now in the interest of keeping spirits cool, I must say that the chances of this message appearing are one in 500.000 users, but nevertheless, I do know quite some people that exceed that possibility by 3-5 times, connecting to so many hubs that 7 rows of tabs aren't enough to display them all.

Anyway, this "issue" is minor. I'd be happy to see the CPU bugs sorted out nicely, the automatic IP fetching solved and proper ADCS standards (for now, excuse my ignorance, I have not been able to realize how exactly am I supposed to actually GET the certificate of somebody or of a hub and place it in the "trusted certificates" folder). That would make ApexDC++ 1.2.0 the top client again.

Oh, by the way... Are you going to wait for the final StrongDC++ 2.22 before releasing the final 1.2.0 ?

I only connect to one small hub and I use ip guard to limit users to lan only.

Just checked... I get that message a few times per second :) ... is that... bad?

The system log is going crazy.

Went back to 1.10

Well, will test new release... Thanks, as always :)

Hey people, been running 1.2.0 for over a week and i've noticed this version tends to crash for no apparent reason.

Is there some kind of "Error Log" or way of storing the data causing the crashes so i can send the info back for report ?

Dont know if anyone else is having the same issues or if its just me but since i updated to 1.2.0, after about 20 - 30 hours of use i lose the ability to right-click anything until i close the client.

Any help would be appreciated guys but keep up the good work as the rest of the features are top-notch.

Clientdirectory or settings folder look for exception.txt

Clientdirectory or settings folder look for exception.txt

Code: c0000005 (Access violation)

Version: 1.2.0B (Dec 24 2008)

Major: 5

Minor: 1

Build: 2600

SP: 2

Type: 1

Time: 2009-01-08 14:20:59

TTH: 5ADII24KFW4E623DOYD5TW5SZBOKT6GG57KW2NY

d:\development\apexdc\trunk\windows\flattabctrl.h(611): FlatTabCtrlImpl<FlatTabCtrl=0x017BA540,ATL::CWindow=0x0006E5D4,ATL::CWinTraits<1442840576=0x00472751,0> >::TabInfo::update

d:\development\apexdc\trunk\windows\flattabctrl.h(166): FlatTabCtrlImpl<FlatTabCtrl=0x00000000,ATL::CWindow=0x0006E700,ATL::CWinTraits<1442840576=0x017BA540,0> >::setDirty

d:\development\apexdc\trunk\windows\privateframe.h(164): PrivateFrame::addClientLine

d:\development\apexdc\trunk\windows\privateframe.cpp(518): PrivateFrame::addLine

d:\development\apexdc\trunk\windows\privateframe.cpp(479): PrivateFrame::addLine

d:\development\apexdc\trunk\windows\privateframe.cpp(105): PrivateFrame::gotMessage

d:\development\apexdc\trunk\windows\hubframe.cpp(733): HubFrame::onSpeaker

d:\development\apexdc\trunk\windows\hubframe.h(76): HubFrame::ProcessWindowMessage

d:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\atlmfc\include\atlwin.h(3086): ATL::CWindowImplBaseT<WTL::CMDIWindow=0x00C35728,ATL::CWinTraits<1456406528=0x00000000,64> >::WindowProc

USER32!0x7E418734: GetDC

USER32!0x7E418816: GetDC

USER32!0x7E4189CD: GetWindowLongW

USER32!0x7E418A10: DispatchMessageW

d:\development\includes\wtl\atlapp.h(992): WTL::CMessageLoop::Run

d:\development\apexdc\trunk\windows\main.cpp(445): Run

0x0004014C: ?

ApexDC!0x0044A18D: MainFrame::FileListQueue::`scalar deleting destructor'

ApexDC!0x004660CD: [thunk]:MainFrame::`vector deleting destructor'

kernel32!0x7C830000: CreateFiberEx

31 times so far, all the same as this one apart from obviously time and date.

See if you can make more sense than me.

Thanks for the pointer Spyke.