Followers 0
horus22

Why does Apex overwrite files with same name even though they are different

8 posts in this topic

saving what files?

where?

why?

etc...

(or , can you please give some more information about your issue so that its possible to understand what you are talking about :) )

Ok, so let's say I'm searching for some pictures, after the search I get around 200 pictures and I want to download them all. I select all of them and I right-click on download.

Some of these pictures have the same name, but even though they are different, they have different contain, different sizes, ApexDC++ overwrites them. So this means that i'm losing files.

What shall I do?

Please don't tell me to manually create a folder and download files with the same name in different folders because this is a pain in the a## when dealing with a large number of files.

Cool, now I understand you much better :)

Unless there is a bug somewhere ApexDC++ should not add a file to the queue with the same name as an already existing filename (this applies to both filenames in the queue and in the final download location).

Apex should issue error messages like :

A file with the same hash already exists in your share

A file with diffent tth root already exists in the queue

A file of equal or larger size already exists at the target location

So if you want to download multiple files with the same name, at the moment you must save them to different folders

I can imagine that can be a pain, i cant imagine doing it tho, but that's different matter :)

I dont have any good suggestions right now that I could see as a working solution.

Unless you cant download whole folders from ppl instead of just loads of files? If their folders have different names it will work.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0