Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 0.1.0 (Preview 1)

51 posts in this topic

It's finally here. After months of development we have released ApexDC++ 0.1.0, the first preview release towards 1.0.0. This preview release is intended to show off the features available in ApexDC++. We still plan on introducing many more features in preview 2 before releasing our stable 1.0.0 version.

What are you waiting for? Go download it now!

Remember to check out the tour and changelog pages to read what is available in the preview release. Remember to post your feedback in the correct area. ;)

A big thank you to Sidetrack and TGO for their support throughout PeerWeb DC++'s reign and ApexDC++'s future. It is also time to congratulate all of our staff on such a fine release. Thanks everyone for their contributions! ;)

----------------

Are you getting the most out of 0.1.0?

1. PeerGuardian: You need to download the plugin and extract it to your program directory, then enable it in settings. Note: You do not need any PeerGardian software installed.

2. Foobar2000 users: If you want to press /w and show what music you're listening to, download this component.

3. Country flags: To show country flags next to users in the transfer window, go to Help > GeoIP database in ApexDC++ and place in your /Settings folder. Restart client.

I check every half hour ;)

(K)Beertje

I can't wait to give this a try, Only came accross the site an hour ago and am already excited. Everything is looking good so far.

Seriously i can't wait for this once i get it, ill be trying everything it can do on it. p.s good work to everyone who has made the dc program. =D

Don't get dissapointed if it can't do everything you expect it to, remember this is just a preview (read: feature incomplete, but stable)

Excellent looking forward to it, much longer left? Only 1 H 40 mins of this day left after all ;)

Released. Updated website and first post.... mass emailing now.

Enjoy ;)

Released with all but 5 minutes to go.... that was close. :)

Psh! Ain'tcha heard of time zones? ;)

Released with all but 5 minutes to go.... that was close. :P

We've not broken a promise yet. :)

i can't see the "permanent ignore list" feature.......where is it?

it is there but everything looks as before, but when you ignore/unignore someone, it get's saved so they will still be ignored when you restart ;)

I'm checking it out right now... feels nice and I'm diggin' it. Seems like it's a little slow on the hashing then my other clients. :| But then again I noticed StrngDC seemed to hash at a slow rate... :\

Maybe it's just me... Can't wait to get the full version and get my hands on the op client. =D

it is there but everything looks as before, but when you ignore/unignore someone, it get's saved so they will still be ignored when you restart ;)

ahhhhhhh....i thought i could ignore bots too.....and i also looked for the list of the ignored users in the settings.

At the moment it seems just like strongDC :-)

Lee made the announcement. Anyway, we're one of the few sites with no American staff?

Looks and Works great ! Good job !

I have only one thing to say/ask: There is no TTH check after download completes … why ? Are you going to implement this in the near future or I have to go back to PWDC ?

Big Respect to the Apex Team.

especially Crise, i bet his eyes are popin out of his head and his fingers bleeding, all that coding

nice work, i was a big PWDC fan and im sure it will follow on through Apex

i bet his eyes are popin out of his head and his fingers bleeding, all that coding

luckily that's not true :(