davidtansk

download status says 'not enough space', when there is

7 posts in this topic

Been trying to download a coupld of .iso files, but no matter where I try to save them (my harddrive or my external), I'm told there isn't enough space, even though there clearly is. What's wrong?

are they over 4 gb in size and you are downloading them to a fat partition?

because that dont work, you need ntfs or some other type of filesystem to store that large files

are they over 4 gb in size and you are downloading them to a fat partition?

because that dont work, you need ntfs or some other type of filesystem to store that large files

So my next question: how do I do that? Or can't I?

You cant convert from FAT to NTFS, you'd need to re-format, which may involve a re-install of windows.

Go to my computer, right click on each hard disk drive and choose properties. In that dialog look for "File system", it should be "NTFS". If it is FAT16 or FAT32, then you can't have files bigger than 4GB on that drive.

If you still want to convert your FAT drive to NTFS, try reading this: How to Convert FAT Disks to NTFS

I have the same problem, but this time my partition IT IS NTFS. so i format all my partitions after create them as NTFS and when trying to download i get the same message: Not enough space on the disk. Can somebody please help?

how big is your file?

what path did you set for "Finished/downloaded files"?

what path did you set for "Unfinished/incomplete files"?

how much free space do you have on each drive?