burek

Missing GeoIP Flags

19 posts in this topic

I believe that is to do with the Geo-IP database rather than being something over which Crise actually has an control. In respect of this, maybe you should email them about having a list of Serbian IP's added to their lists.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but, using Resource Explorer, I've found out that in the PNG resourse section of an ApexDC.exe file, there is a resource with the ID of 330, containing flags of all the supported countries. There, I see no Serbian flag, that's why I posted this message.

Edit:

I've examined this link http://www.maxmind.com/app/techinfo and found Serbia in that list with over 1 million ip addresses, so I guess they did their job correctly?

Also on http://www.geoiptool.com/ there is Serbia listed, too. Which link should I check (which geo-ip database you use for ApexDC) ?

Edited by burek

Exactly, the problem is most certanly in Apex code, which can't seem to get along with a new RS domain instead of the old YU. Also, even when the matter with the domain is solved, RS domain will be missing the Serbian flag icon, which needs to be put inside Apex. The icon problem is certainly related to this particular software.

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I've checked the PNG in this new version of ApexDC and still no Serbian flag :P

Please take a look at this issue.. All the countries around Serbia have their flag.. We feel kinda left behind :/

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I've checked the PNG in this new version of ApexDC and still no Serbian flag :)

Please take a look at this issue.. All the countries around Serbia have their flag.. We feel kinda left behind :/

I will look into it, but unless someone updates the image (since you don't want me doing that trust me, just get someone to add it to the end of the image me looking at it is no good at all...

Here it is (PNG_330a.png)

In case I did anything wron, I've also uploaded the PSD of the resized Flag of Serbia, so you can just embed it into the existing png with whatever tool you use.

Thanks.

Edit:

Something is wrong with the forum, when I upload a png image, it wont show the download link, so I've zipped it and reuploaded.

Flag_of_Serbia.zip

PNG_330a.zip

Edited by burek

Actually now that you mentioned Montenegro... there should actually actually be flag for the Serbia + Montenegro combo in the flags image I think (should be between the flags of costa rica and cuba if I read the source code correctly). Looks like no-one just bothered to make the change when GeoIP separated those two.

Anyways... better to have both :), and also leave the old (combo) flag and CC there in case someone uses an old version of geoip.

Edit: not wanting to sound picky but the last one of the two new flags (montenegro, I assume), seems to look bit different from the rest (ie. the 3d'ish effect seems to be different/missing).

Maybe it seems so cos that flag has a yellow border around it but it

btw ApexDC++ doesn't show flags(instead of the flag shows a question mark)

GG - Guernsey

IM - Isle of Man

At the moment I found these 2 countries.

I

I'll add all the missing country codes reported, provided they are standard, assuming RadoX here or someone else is willing to add them flags.

No hurry though, but it would be nice to get it done for next minor version (which should have been out some time ago imo, lucky that we do not give release dates tho).

Ok here are thay all in this order = All prev then Serbia, Montenegro, Guernsey and Isle of Man flags.zip

:stuart:

You forgot about: Jersey, Virgin Islands U.S.

Look few posts up :stuart:

edit: sorry, my mistake! i forgot this country flag are in 330.png

Please delete this post

You forgot about: Jersey, Virgin Islands U.S.

Look few posts up :stuart:

edit: sorry, my mistake! i forgot this country flag are in 330.png

Please delete this post

I see them on the GeoIpcvs + the Virgin Islands British so maybe I sould add them.

Ok here are thay all in this order = All prev then Serbia, Montenegro, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Virgin Islands (British) and then Virgin Islands (U.S.) flags.zip

250 flags now in total :stuart:

hmmm..it's propably my fault because I wrote that Virgin Islands U.S. isn't in 330.png but really is between Venezuela and Vietnam.

I wrote that is my mistake a few posts above :)

good work!

btw can change topic name :stuart: :D