Alinux

Apexdc++ ports

17 posts in this topic

I need help on opening dc++ ports on my router.

But i cant get it done.

I have a "netcore wireless AP-Router 605GR" i want to know how can i open ports on it cause i tryed and i cant get it fix so i can use dc++

Please help..

Thanks

there were two netcoretec routers on the portforward site, did you look at them? if the router is made by the same company its a good chance the gui are the same or at least very similar.

Isnt that the same thing?

I looked at the pictures in the guide and the logo looked the same to me.

:thumbsup:

Then I am of no help what so ever, all I can offer is to wish you good luck.

While port forwarding/NAT is usuallt pretty straight forward and not so very complicated, some router manufacturers manage to mess it up by providing a confusing interface (even D-link does that at times, even if they are as close to "routers for dummies" as you an get.

you will have to make three rules for your dc client,

one TCP

one UDP

and last yet one TCP (this port number you should set in the TLS port setting in Apex)

just pick three different port number and add those to your client as well and you should be fine

any number (that isnt already in use) between 1024 and 65k will do just fine.

but that doesnt work, does it?

to me that looks like anything that is sent to you on those tcp ports will be forwarded to the udp port.

That is not what you want.

That is port triggering, not forwarding, so it will not work. Delete those rules and go to firewall and set up port forwarding there.

but at firewall there is no port forwarding only "MAC Filtering.... Access Control...... URL Filtering"

:|

but there is something interesting at Access Control

here is a picture

post-17086-1225208913_thumb.jpg

By looking at your pictures I think its on the tab Virtual Servers that you should create the three rules