Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mergz

I need help setting up ApexDC+

5 posts in this topic

I am running Win XP Home.

I am sharing well over the minum GB of music but when I try to connect I get...

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

Can someone describe to me in layman's terms what I need to do. I really don't understand all the "port forwarding" jargon.

THanks

that message has nothing to do with you, its the other end that is not running as it should, it probably means that the machine is up but the hub isnt running, or it could mean that you have the wrong port for the hub (which ahs nothing to do with port forwarding at your end). Please check with a hublist if the hub is on another port, or with some friend that might be in there as it is impossible for anyone here to know about all the hubs out there :thumbsup: .

I am running Win XP Home.

I am sharing well over the minum GB of music but when I try to connect I get...

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

Can someone describe to me in layman's terms what I need to do. I really don't understand all the "port forwarding" jargon.

THanks

The reason You get that message is because shnshare.or is shut down...........however there is another shnshare hub made up of the old op's from there.

If anyone needs the address pm me or email me.

Umm i was forwarded to this when i had the same problem and then blocked from re-posting in the topic i started. I also the the message "no connection because the target machine actively refused it" but it is not because my hub is down. infact i know it is not, and i know it isnt spelt wrong. all my friends who use the hub are connected as i type this..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0