pacman401

downloading optimalizations

9 posts in this topic

Hello

I would like to request a features forum linuxdcpp like a searching for file witchout waiting , searching for alternative download locations immedialty after starting download file , shorter perioid of time between tth source searchs , and please don't tell me like "yes u can do that but u will probbably banned forom hub" its not truth on linuxdcpp i never was banned , for rapid searching files

pacman401

"searching for alternative download locations immedialty after starting download file" >> it's already there.

Other stuff won't be implemented because it's worthless. There's only minimum hubs that will ban you, but searching too often will be just ignored in the most of hubs.

1. so how to decrease time between searches ? , how to decrease time between autosearch for alternative download locations ?

2. there is able to create temp file in same directory when choosing option "download to" its making me a little angry when 6GB file is downloading a first to temp directory D:\ApexDC\temp and then it is moved "download to location" ( I mean moving files form temp located in one partition to other consumes time/sys resources/lot of HDD work/double free space <[on partition located temp dir and on partition where is located "download to location"dir]> so why to make it more simple and download file directly to "download to location" folder or creating temp file in that directory? ) like a Utorrent or Flashget are able to create tmp file(.ut/.jc!) in same location where file is downloading ?

you can't decrease time between searching. We don't want to be responsible for big hub overloading.

even if I will do for my own responsibility ? if not

how for about second feature ? if ApexDC isn't supporting the second feature can U promote other DC++ client for win supporting that feature ?

I'm not sure this will be a solution to your problem, but it might be of some use to you (or someone else)

if you want to have unfinished folder on same drive as target folder, you can use parameter %[targetdrive] in unfinished folder settings.

/1d

;) :D

great.

I like it when problems gets solved.

(specially when no work are involved, I am the lazy one after all :( )

How can you use a reduced time between searches responsibly?

Please explain that to me.....the only plausible reason I can see for it to be reduced is to allow you to search more often. As stated before, WE DO NOT want you to be able to do that, so any reduction in the search time would be irresponsible, on both our part, and we would also be forcing that on our users.