Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruuk

Slot experience - connection timeout

8 posts in this topic

Hello!

At first i would like to say thanks for this fine app! :(

but i noticed a problem. I know that someone wants to connect to me. But it doesnt work until in guarantee him one extra-slot?! he told me if i wont give him an extra-slot he get the message "Connection Timeout".

I don't know Why?! What is the problem? Why i have to give him an extra-slot? only when he has an extra-slot he can connect to me although i have 20 Slots free?!

Can you help me with solving this problem?

Best Regards, Ruuk!

I don't really have a good idea where to start, except that you could try and disable TLS

(uncheck "Use TLS when remote client supports it" in settings /advanced / security )

If that solves it then it could mean its a problem with either yours or the other clients tls settings.

(you do know that you need to forward a second TCP port to use TLS)

ok i tried it.

but it doesn't work. I have to give him everytime an extra slot.

for example when he want to resume one file. i start the program and in my opinion the progress shoud automaticly start. but it starts only when i gurantee him one extra slot.

It is crazy!! because i have 20 slots free!

any other ideas?

Greets, Ruuk!

before you grant him a slot, does he show up in the "Waiting Users" window?

no nobody is in my waiting list.

I think maybe it is his connecten Settings. But i think everything is ok. He has 3 Ports open. for TCP, UDP and TLS.

But what could the reason?

we raked up the entire topic of portforwarding, active mode and so on.

But Everything is fine! He has 3 Ports open. One for TCP, one for UDP and one for TLS. The external IP is correct.

My client is working perfect! But the subtle distinction is that i'm not behind a router. Therefore i haven't problem with ApexDC.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0