Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
locoguru

Testing PWDC connection settings.

5 posts in this topic

As I have mentioned in other posts here, you only need to forward one port for this program thru your router for udp and tcp for the program to function correctly. I have tried testing those ports on the test site, but the results have been questionable. The only real test is if you can get a filelist from someone and they can get yours.

IF you are behind a router and CAN access it to do portforwarding, you'll find thing works just fine.

If you cannot access the router, don't worry! Passive mode also works fine if you simply remember you can only interact with active mode users.

How to tell an active or passive mode user?? Look at their tag.

This is an active mode tag, notice the 'A' after the M: (m is for mode): <PWDC++ V:0.41,M:A,H:2/4/2,S:2>

To compare, this is a passive mode tag, notice the 'P' after the M: <PWDC++ V:0.4,M:P,H:2/0/0,S:2>

I hope this helps some of you,

Locoguru

Also, it helps if you mark, f. ex., Passive users in red and the Active users in green. This can be done somewhere in Colors and Fonts>>Userlist colors.

(I wonder when I'll make a post without editing it. Stupid f*ing keyboard! :D )

Edited by Zlobomir

Also, it helps if you mark, f. ex., Passive users in red and the Active users in green. This can be done somewhere in Colors and Fonts>>Userlist colors.

(I wonder when I'll make a post without editing it. Stupid f*ing keyboard! :P )

now I feel like an idiot!! But I took your advice about changing colors (not red and green, thank you) but changed color for passive mode users so they're easy to spot. Very good suggestion :)

yes doesnt it get annoying when you looking at someone and want to get a file but you cant DL from them cuase you both passive lol i think thats where the colors help

Actually I use at full extend the customizable colors, moreover, I'm even running out of suitable colors. That's why I suggested a defineable text background like in chat window.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0