nowinhis

Can't delete 2 or more files at once in Finished downloads

10 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have just started to use ApexDC 1.1.0 (used to download with StrongDC RC10) and I noticed a strange thing: I can delete one file from the list in the "Finished downloads" window, and I can also delete all of them at once. But I can't seem to find a way to delete 2 or more files at the same time (Shift + left click and Ctrl + left click do not work).

This may sound like a very minor annoyance but I download so many things and save them to so many different folders that it is very hard to keep track of them. So I usually look at my Finished downloads, check the stuff I just downloaded, decide if I need it or not and then delete the corresponding items from the Finished downloads list and move on to the next folder.

The funny thing is that I can select multiple files in my Download queue, in the search window, select multiple users in the userlist, etc... The only place Shift + click or Ctrl + click won't work is the Finished downloads window.

Is it a bug or is there a problem with my settings? Tried to find a solution here in the forum but it seems that no one had this problem before (or no one cares and uses right click -> Remove all instead).

N

You tried right clicking>remove all.

Yes, and it works, but if I delete the whole list I won't be able to keep track of my downloads (as mentioned before, a lot of different folders, a lot of different things and files at once...). I don't know why a very basic thing such as Shift + left click would not work and why is this happening only in the Finished downloads window. I'll try reinstalling Apex and see what happens if no one has a better idea.

By the way, does anyone have this problem? More than 50 people checked the topic and not one of them using Apex 1.1.0? :shifty:

N

i usually download everything to one download folder, then I sort things out there. I find that the windows explorer (or total commander) are more efficient for these things than the dc client.

But you are correct, its not possible to multiselect things in the finished downloads tab.

i usually download everything to one download folder, then I sort things out there. I find that the windows explorer (or total commander) are more efficient for these things than the dc client.

But you are correct, its not possible to multiselect things in the finished downloads tab.

Thanks for the confirmation! As I have multiple smaller hard drives in my computer (one for the music and the videos, another for games/utils and the third for the temporary download) I can't have one big download folder. I'm also a pretty lazy person and for me this is the most convenient way of dealing with the downloaded things.

Now only one question remains: is it a bug or a feature? :) And if it IS a bug will the developers do something about it anytime soon? :shifty:

N

It's not a bug really, more like something that is just not done (ie. you could call it a missing feature).

It's not a bug really, more like something that is just not done (ie. you could call it a missing feature).

OK, thanks. Should I start another topic in Feature requests, or is it possible to move this whole thread there? Do You think this "Shift and/or Ctrl +left click" thingy will be in one of the future versions? This is the only thing I REALLY miss after upgrading from Strong RC10.

N

OK, thanks. Should I start another topic in Feature requests, or is it possible to move this whole thread there? Do You think this "Shift and/or Ctrl +left click" thingy will be in one of the future versions? This is the only thing I REALLY miss after upgrading from Strong RC10.

N

I will look into it, I know one possible reason why it isn't there anymore...

I will look into it, I know one possible reason why it isn't there anymore...

Any ideas yet? (I'm not nagging, just curious. :rolleyes: )

N