Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GS_Death

Internet type addin

13 posts in this topic

i dont know if anyone posted this but i had and idea looking at some programs i use my idea is to put a little internet type thing into Apex so that we can be on the net in a tab in APex so as to not lose a web page while talking to someone

i dont know if anyone posted this but i had and idea looking at some programs i use my idea is to put a little internet type thing into Apex so that we can be on the net in a tab in APex so as to not lose a web page while talking to someone

No, this won't be included. ApexDC++ isn't a browser..

well i know that but it didnt harm real player or Game Spy Arcade

Are you kidding? Real player is bloated, and because of this, has a disgraceful reputation among media players.

thats one of the funiset computer jokes ive herd for a while cheers

ya besides the fact the program sucked the broswer at least functioned good

ya besides the fact the program sucked the broswer at least functioned good

The program sucked because of the browser... :P

Sorry to say it GS_Death, but I do think it would be a very bad move. It would be massive bloat and make the program worse. I can't iamgine ApexDC++ ever including a web browser. It'd probably end up just using the IE engine.... which would be even worse. I can see advantages to it, but no, it won't be happening anytime soon (I hope).

thats one of the funiset computer jokes ive herd for a while cheers

Balder, i am seriously considering changing your nick to Cheers, in here and in TGO (in tgo only if i can get sideys permission though)

Sorry to say it GS_Death, but I do think it would be a very bad move. It would be massive bloat and make the program worse. I can't iamgine ApexDC++ ever including a web browser. It'd probably end up just using the IE engine.... which would be even worse. I can see advantages to it, but no, it won't be happening anytime soon (I hope).

Yeah, browser won't ever be added, i have thought adding an ability to use ie's engine to parse a single html page if needed, but that's not likely...

Edit: also since when have we had a moderator :P

Balder, i am seriously considering changing your nick to Cheers, in here and in TGO (in tgo only if i can get sideys permission though)

Yeah, browser won't ever be added, i have thought adding an ability to use ie's engine to parse a single html page if needed, but that's not likely...

Edit: also since when have we had a moderator :o

You didn't know? Hahaha. :):P

Build in the Mozilla engine or something if you need to render stuff. :P

:P, cheers :) go for it.

You know.. being innovative is the key for Apex, We have already began to create a new standard in DC.. Come on guys... over 1000 users signed up for a software that has NEVER been publicly released, how many other clients can say this??? maybe DC++ or something. but not many.. Maybe in a future Edition, There could be a "Plugin" engine, to allow additional features into the client built by its members. Similar in idea to firefox's extensions and plug ins.. NO i dont expect this any time soon. but this would help to offload requests for smaller "Options" that you dont want in the base code and allow the community to participate in adding additional features they are wanting. Yes this would take work on their part, but if they want it bad enough, and this feature is there, then they will do it.. just food for thought.

You didn't know? Hahaha. :):o

Yep, i didn't know...

Build in the Mozilla engine or something if you need to render stuff. :P

That'd be a bloat, build in mozilla engine just to render few pages, no way...

But as said we don't most likely need to render any stuff, so no worries :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0