Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wromania

we cant cancel a download...

9 posts in this topic

If we have many downloads or one of them have verry slow speed, we have no option to get rid of this download permanently, it come back fast after we cancel it with options like Remove use from queue, disconect all users bla bla - these didnt work

also is somewhere a option to stop downloads if speed is bellow xx? i think is but didnt work too, i tried all stuff. Where is the point do dl with verry low speed?

Welcome to DC, thats is how the network operates. Patience is the key. If you want sped, use torrent :P

on the other hand, if you look into the advanced section of the settings, there you will find on the limits page something that might be what you are after, here you can set different settings related to slow downloads,

Welcome to DC, thats is how the network operates. Patience is the key. If you want sped, use torrent :)

oh idk so much about torrents and i gave up about them because is hard to find stuff and usually didnt work and first u need to acces some sites, with viruses usually. Right or im wrong and torrents are great?

so really we need to have a strong option to stop permanentsly a download when we want, because low speed or we dont need anymore. I think this should be moved to sugestion forum, thanks

Well, for a start, if you cant download a torrent (which should not contain virii but if they do - thats why you virus check everything, on DC too btw) you may not be able to use DC either as it is a far more difficult client to set up.

Also, you can stop downloading, simply go to your download queue and right click>remove, simple.....

In dowlnoad queue is to much stuff to search, especially if u save on different folders and is anyoning to search every time a download there to cancel if u can just cancel it from the main window, but that isnt posible and is a important thing

Actually, I've been annoyed by the same thing... Everything else works just fine, but it often restarts canceled downloads and even some finished downloads and uploads. It takes a while for the file in queue to be canceled after pressing 'remove', but if it gets removed it's not that bad. However, after some time, and especially after starting the client, it resurrects most of the downloads that were stopped by me. Suggestions?

You are either removing sources rather than the file themselves. Or you have your queue set to read only. (Vista may do this, try turning UAC off if your on this).

Seems all I had to do was remove the partials.. Stupidly I thought they got erased automatically after canceling a download... My mistake.. Thanks for the tip.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0