Lee

ApexDC++ revealed!

59 posts in this topic

We promised to reveal the logo and features behind ApexDC++ standard edition a few days ago, and here they are. We have a couple of images to show you first, which are the logo and splash screen:

Both logos will be available in the program. One will act as the main icon and the other will be displayed on a new private message.

That's not all we're showing off today. We have been working on the website to prepare a tour of the program, which provide screenshots and features available in the current alpha versions available to donators and testers. Along with the tour page, we've got two other pages to show you. Our links page provides you with our recommended sites, including affiliates and other decent DC++ clients. The second page is our staff page with a list of administrators, developers and testers. Come find out what each staff member does at this site!

As most people will know, StrongDC++ 2.x was released recently. We're hard at work producing new features ApexDC++ based on this and it shouldn't be long now until you're using a ApexDC++ build. Keep checking back for more updates on this. In the meantime, why not comment on the latest images previewed in this announcement?

also an icon for apex needs to be... there...

yeah, blue me not likes, grey is okey, last logo could be more elaborate, imho.

Edited by Lost Angel

How come my stuff is called super seeding? I never worked that out. It has almost nothing to do with seeding, let alone superman :)

How come my stuff is called super seeding? I never worked that out. It has almost nothing to do with seeding, let alone superman :)

It has something to do with seeding at least.... and it's called super due to the person who did it. :lol:

GREAT :)

lol,i first tought that THE dc++ client had been release,and neraly had a hart attack :lol:

Well super-seeding sounds better than partial file transfer enchantment :lol:

also to those who didn't know the shape of the logo was decided amongst few shapes, by a poll where beta testers and donators get to cast their vote...

iirc the logo was thought of preliminary on a night where i got really drunk ages ago when i drew the funny lee crashing his car pic...

correct me if im wrong of course...

just to clear up any confussion inkorp though of the image just me drawing the wierd stuff was what i rememeber

Great job guys, congratulation. I really had fun to do the tour.

And really like the winampbar for users in it.

(K)Beertje

Super seeding is a far more recognised feature/name than partial file transfer enhancement. It's used in Bittorrent as you know, and most users will understand the feature without needing an explanation.

Thanks for all the feedback on the logos. Grogs has kindly used the psd's to produce some darker images that fit with the program a little more.

how will it look like in 32x32 or 48x48 pixels?

will you make new icons or leave the old ones in StrongDC?

how will it look like in 32x32 or 48x48 pixels?

i have ico versions of those on my hd (waitting to get into an alpha) and they look just fine :)

IMO the blue one would look better if it was shaded in the same "style" as the silver one. but hey.. thats me.. all it is is that the bottom triangle point bit is too flat.

will you make new icons or leave the old ones in StrongDC?

If you're referring to the toolbar and settings icons, the StrongDC++ 2.00 ones are brilliant and we wish to keep them for ApexDC++ 1.0. In future versions we may include new toolbars, but we need people to contact us for that. Currently everyone at nerdcore is busy and therefore we have nobody with enough time to do this.

If anyone would like to get in touch, please PM Crise or I. :)

What about having the 2 new icons in the same style as the peerwebDC ones

the silver and the blue back to back overlaping, wonder whatt that would look like,

OMG you're moving pretty fast, congratulations to all beta/dev, support and donators, Apex DC is groing and will scare the scene with so much features :)

Congratulations and keep it up and coming

Cheers

Keine

All that i can say is, Good Job, The Blues Looks Great, I Love That Blue Color, a lot of people likes blue so i think it's gonna be great but if there are guys who don't like it, maybe you can set a option to chose between the blue one and the silver one ...